Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Deluded Leeds (an EFL club) fans

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
there isn't 300k sold, it is around 35k so far. adidas produced 300k and have kept 180k in uk for leeds to sell and in adidas storescand the rest in adidas stoes globally.

in 2017 we sold just under 27,000 shirts. how times change.

Just shows how many fair weather band wagon fans there are out there.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
This thread was great value for a long time has passed now, we are starting to look tinpot.

Petition for a sub-forum so those who want to keep whinging about us having a laugh at deluded Leeds fans can go and whinge without polluting the main thread.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
This thread was great value for a long time has passed now, we are starting to look tinpot.

Yes, come on - let's have some perspective here. Whatever happened in the past 16 years, Leeds are three-time league champions, and have won two domestic cups and the Fairs Cup twice as well as playing in a European Cup final (which, yes, they would have won if the referee hadn't been crooked) and a Champions League semi-final. Leeds is one of the 5-10 largest cities in the UK depending on how you add it up and Brighton comes in around number 15. Of course they're going to sell more shirts than us, as if it matters. If they need to exaggerate the numbers, that's their problem.

All of which makes our achievement of getting back to the top division three seasons before them even more remarkable. And the fact that they needed to borrow one of our under-23s to follow us up is a source of great amusement, as is some of their fans' failure to understand the simple expression 'not for sale' But I think it's time to rise above it all..

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
Yes, come on - let's have some perspective here. Whatever happened in the past 16 years, Leeds are three-time league champions, and have won two domestic cups and the Fairs Cup twice as well as playing in a European Cup final (which, yes, they would have won if the referee hadn't been crooked) and a Champions League semi-final. Leeds is one of the 5-10 largest cities in the UK depending on how you add it up and Brighton comes in around number 15. Of course they're going to sell more shirts than us, as if it matters. If they need to exaggerate the numbers, that's their problem.

All of which makes our achievement of getting back to the top division three seasons before them even more remarkable. And the fact that they needed to borrow one of our under-23s to follow us up is a source of great amusement, as is some of their fans' failure to understand the simple expression 'not for sale' But I think it's time to rise above it all..

Good point well made

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
Petition for a sub-forum so those who want to keep whinging about us having a laugh at deluded Leeds fans can go and whinge without polluting the main thread.

Yeah it’s a weird one isn’t it?

I don’t really get the self appointed thread police (or “fun police” as someone brilliantly put it). If a topic’s not for you, just move on. Hundreds of other threads, or start your own.

It’s really as simple as that. Why waste your energy? If people aren’t interested this thread will die organically. For what it’s worth, i see this dying down for a bit, but will probably come alive when Leeds get a good tonking or implode and their fans react on social media.

This whole “well I don’t like this, so I don’t think you should be allowed to like it either” is an appalling attitude.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere

Point of order here.

Leeds managed to END two players careers that night in Paris when a certain mr Yorath and his pal mr. Madeley delivered the time honoured GBH tackles.
My guess is the ref thought he had a pack of thugs on his hands and decided “non non non Mais le Leeds United c’est hooligans! Zut Allors! Et aussis derrière le guerre et Monsieur Revie!!! Les Allemagnes...cest la Champions de Europe!”

theboybilly

Point of order here.

Leeds managed to END two players careers that night in Paris when a certain mr Yorath and his pal mr. Madeley delivered the time honoured GBH tackles.
My guess is the ref thought he had a pack of thugs on his hands and decided “non non non Mais le Leeds United c’est hooligans! Zut Allors! Et aussis derrière le guerre et Monsieur Revie!!! Les Allemagnes...cest la Champions de Europe!”

Mention this fact to most Leeds fans and they know nothing about those tackles or chose to ignore it. Leeds under Revie, while relatively successful, were a bunch of cheats/thugs and never quite lived up to the hype. They won two titles when Liverpool and United (their main rivals in the late 60s/ early 70s) were either building for the future or going in the opposite direction

matski_98

Apr 16, 2012
Yes, come on - let's have some perspective here. Whatever happened in the past 16 years, Leeds are three-time league champions, and have won two domestic cups and the Fairs Cup twice as well as playing in a European Cup final (which, yes, they would have won if the referee hadn't been crooked) and a Champions League semi-final.

Yeah, but they've never won the Sussex Senior Cup.

FatSuperman

Feb 25, 2016
Played an 80-minute game at Stoke today, which they lost 3-0.

To be fair, it's just a warm-up game and they don't have either of their new marquee signings. But then again, it's not even rainy and windy in Stoke at the mo.

Betfair Bozo

Jul 24, 2007
Played an 80-minute game at Stoke today, which they lost 3-0.

To be fair, it's just a warm-up game and they don't have either of their new marquee signings. But then again, it's not even rainy and windy in Stoke at the mo.

Exactly, just a kickabout, no-one should care a jot. However, that hasn't stopped a few of theirs on twitter claiming it's their U23's.

Casilla, Ayling, Douglas, Harrison, Helder Costa, Pablo Hernandez and crodo's favourite, Pat Bamford, all started...

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Even though Ben White was going to run down his contract to leave cheapy next summer, apparently now he was forced into signing because we wouldn't let him leave :dunce:

Nameless

Jul 7, 2020
This has the potential to be a very embarrassing season for that fanbase due to how much shite they've been talking. Thought Villa were bad but at least they humbled up around mid season.

SeagullCrow

May 9, 2008
Something very weird happening on Twitter. Most of the tweets have actually been quite gracious since the news about Ben White’s extended contact broke. I think we’ve been exposed to the disproportionate number of idiots in their ranks for the last few weeks, but there are a fair number of decent Leeds fans out there too

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither

Well said.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here