Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Deluded Leeds (an EFL club) fans

FatSuperman

Feb 25, 2016
Respect Colin, but I'm not so sure.

Of course the Glasgow clubs have the fanbase and stadium size, but so do Massive, and so does "survive by skin of teeth" Villa.
Cant see Villa being top 6 within another 6 months (even after 120+ million spent)

Both clubs would be better off being in the English league for sure, but both top 6 within 18 months is a stretch.

By all accounts, Celtic look to be run sensibly. That is likely much more difficult when every other club will throw more wages at players than Celtic - they are bound to adjust their pay structure, and as we are finding out, it won't take long before a massive portion of that extra income is just going on wages. Any players they already have that can happen to make the step up, will need to be protected at all costs, or they will just be going backwards.

I would suggest that joining the Prem would be ruinous for both Celtic and Rangers as they stand today. Unless they are happy to bank the money, drop into the Championship and see how they compete there - if they float, then they would be in a great position. If they stumble, they'll have to build a sensible squad in the Championship like every other massive club.

super-seagulls

Soup! Why didn’t I get any Soup?
Feb 1, 2011
Probably working!
Respect Colin, but I'm not so sure.

Of course the Glasgow clubs have the fanbase and stadium size, but so do Massive, and so does "survive by skin of teeth" Villa.
Cant see Villa being top 6 within another 6 months (even after 120+ million spent)

Both clubs would be better off being in the English league for sure, but both top 6 within 18 months is a stretch.

Ally McCoist was saying the other day on the radio, that if Rangers & Celtic joined the pl, very soon there wouldn’t be a top 6 anymore but a top 2. (Rangers & Celtic).
He was kicking off after an ex player (can’t remember who, Danny Murphy maybe) said Gerrard should leave rangers to join Bournemouth as it is a better job with better prospects.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
By all accounts, Celtic look to be run sensibly. That is likely much more difficult when every other club will throw more wages at players than Celtic - they are bound to adjust their pay structure, and as we are finding out, it won't take long before a massive portion of that extra income is just going on wages. Any players they already have that can happen to make the step up, will need to be protected at all costs, or they will just be going backwards.

I would suggest that joining the Prem would be ruinous for both Celtic and Rangers as they stand today. Unless they are happy to bank the money, drop into the Championship and see how they compete there - if they float, then they would be in a great position. If they stumble, they'll have to build a sensible squad in the Championship like every other massive club.

that very good point, its easy to keep to a sensible pay structure when consistently at top of league with no or only one serious competitor. joining the English league would blow all that away, the shear weight of expectation that they should be competing in top 4 will ruin their current practice.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
Ally McCoist was saying the other day on the radio, that if Rangers & Celtic joined the pl, very soon there wouldn’t be a top 6 anymore but a top 2. (Rangers & Celtic).
He was kicking off after an ex player (can’t remember who, Danny Murphy maybe) said Gerrard should leave rangers to join Bournemouth as it is a better job with better prospects.

Then Ally McCoist is on par with the Elland Road massif. deluded

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
[tweet]1291684806196068352[/tweet]

I haven't seen a single Brighton fan "laughing or poking fun at them having a chance of getting White".

It's been the ludicrous levels of arrogance and frustration at being our feeder club that we've found funny. Because it is funny.

beardy gull

Jul 18, 2003
Portslade

It was Jamie O'Hara who made the Rangers/Bournemouth claim.

phazza

Aug 17, 2012
If that’s your takeaway from this thread then you have missed the point...

Who is irritated that Ben has done well for you? No one? Certainly no one here. All Brighton fans are delighted with his progress.

What ticks most off is the sheer arrogance from a section of your fan base. That you are a bigger club, we are tinpot, that Bielsa “made BW who he is”, that we didn’t want him that’s why we’ve been loaning him out (still don’t get that one).

You said you’ve read all 60 pages of this topic. I’m not going to recap everything, but you have largely missed the point.

Again - no one is “irritated” that he’s done well for you. No idea where you’ve plucked that narrative from. Not here that’s for sure.

I’m a bit confused. I’ve read quite a lot of this thread, but may of missed some points. Bielsa is clearly a great ‘coach’ but I can’t find what he’s actually won as a manager. As far as I can see he’s won the Olympics and the English Championship. If I’m right I can’t see why the Leeds fans think he’ll do so well in the best league in the world! Also they go on about how White gets on well with his teammates and loves Leeds. Well if you’re on loan at reasonable team and it’s all going well you’re going to like it there. I’d also expect most players to make friends as well!
Is it not likely he’ll get on with som Brighton players. Probably already does. Brighton are on the up with superior training facilities to Leeds, and a better squad that’s stayed in the premier league for three years. I don’t see why it’s nailed on he wants to go to Leeds.
I guess I’m easily confused

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
I’m a bit confused. I’ve read quite a lot of this thread, but may of missed some points. Bielsa is clearly a great ‘coach’ but I can’t find what he’s actually won as a manager. As far as I can see he’s won the Olympics and the English Championship. If I’m right I can’t see why the Leeds fans think he’ll do so well in the best league in the world! Also they go on about how White gets on well with his teammates and loves Leeds. Well if you’re on loan at reasonable team and it’s all going well you’re going to like it there. I’d also expect most players to make friends as well!
Is it not likely he’ll get on with som Brighton players. Probably already does. Brighton are on the up with superior training facilities to Leeds, and a better squad that’s stayed in the premier league for three years. I don’t see why it’s nailed on he wants to go to Leeds.

Your apparent confusion has led to some pretty sensible conclusions!!:clap2:

Coldeanseagull

Opinionated
Mar 13, 2013
Coldean
I think leeds have more chance of signing snow white.
Yeah I know it's an easy cheap joke which has probably been said before on these 160 odd pages and if so, it's worth repeating but I'll be buggered if I'm reading all of 'em to check

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
It's becoming a little bit embarrassing now for Leeds fans, all over every social media post the club makes with comments of "Free Ben White" etc, like we've got him chained to a radiator in Billy Reid's basement.

Lethargic

Oct 11, 2006
Horsham
It's quite simple really.. they are LEEDS.
That's it.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
I think leeds have more chance of signing snow white.
Yeah I know it's an easy cheap joke which has probably been said before on these 160 odd pages and if so, it's worth repeating but I'll be buggered if I'm reading all of 'em to check

[emoji122][emoji122]

No problem, it’s a good joke worth making [emoji482]

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton

Join the club!

Bielsa is a world class coach... apparently. Leeds fans are convinced as he’s got them promoted from the Championship.

Oh, and he made Ben White the player he is.

seaford

Feb 8, 2007
They think the signing of Dendoncker means they are nailed on getting Ben White now.
Haven't grasped the statement that he is bound for the U23's.

Pinkie Brown

Wir Sind das Volk
Sep 5, 2007
Neues Zeitalter DDR 🇩🇪

Not confused whatsoever. You're a very quick learner and have this Leeds delusion malarky sussed. You've now graduated to the next level.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
They think the signing of Dendoncker means they are nailed on getting Ben White now.

They've still not worked out that Veltman is more of a right back than a centre back. His signing triggered their Ben White is going to sign senses as well. Imagine how confused they'll be when they realise we play with specific left and right sided centre backs and we also have specific players in the squad to cover those positions, rather than generic centre backs.

atomised

Mar 21, 2013

But then some of our fans assume Dendoncker signing definitely means Dunk is off

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here