Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Brighton] David Gilmour selling his Hove seafront house . £15 Million

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Imagine if you had so much money, you bought properties all over the place, but still didn't know what to do with the rest of your vast wealth?

What would you do? Buy a football club? The one you've been a fan of, all your life? Then buy another one in a different country as a nursery club?

Start a company that makes money for fun, but as a by-product, analyses player data from around the world, so you can choose the best prospects at the best prices?

I know - I'm just dreaming. But what an extraordinary story it would be.

It was reported in the music media he has places in SF, Hawaii, NYC, Aspen Colorado amongst others.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
It’s not even a particular nice part of London . At that price I would expect it to be in South Kensington, Mayfair, Chelsea or Hampstead village etc not battersea , which is ok it’s not Peckham but it’s not particularly upmarket an area either .

I wouldn't want to live round the new development, but if you think Battersea isn't a "particular nice part of London" I'm sure those living off Northcote Road or "between the commons" would disagree.

Houses in Spencer Park can go for 7 million.

That is by definition an upmarket area.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Did all his locks for him when he first moved in there around 13 years ago

Did you keep a duplicate key? ???

Asking for a friend.

Live by the sea

Oct 21, 2016
I wouldn't want to live round the new development, but if you think Battersea isn't a "particular nice part of London" I'm sure those living off Northcote Road or "between the commons" would disagree.

Houses in Spencer Park can go for 7 million.

That is by definition an upmarket area.

I meant it’s not an area you immediately think of as posh like south Ken or Mayfair . Northcote rd is Clapham not battersea . I agree parts of Clapham especially in that area are very expensive

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
That one comes with it's own Tube Station though according to the pictures.

Battersea Power underground station doesn't exist. Yet. Perhaps it never will. Truss we'll find out eventually....

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
I meant it’s not an area you immediately think of as posh like south Ken or Mayfair . Northcote rd is Clapham not battersea . I agree parts of Clapham especially in that area are very expensive

Northcote Road is very much not in Clapham. Northcote Road is in Battersea, Wandsworth. Clapham is in Lambeth,

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Northcote_Road

The nearest station may be called "Clapham Junction", but it's in Battersea.

Battersea is a large area but the southern end is by definition up-market, expensive and exclusive. You only need to count the private schools.

Last edited:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
It’s not even a particular nice part of London . At that price I would expect it to be in South Kensington, Mayfair, Chelsea or Hampstead village etc not battersea , which is ok it’s not Peckham but it’s not particularly upmarket an area either .

If you're some lycra clad young turk, Battersea is ideal. Walk, cycle or be driven to work? And only the old and infirm, or overladen are driven.

Of course if you don't need to work you only need a flat to stay after a visit to HMG, Opera, etc., and you'd use a private driver, and Battersea is fine.

At this level you don't buy based on amenities (a pub? a late night Tesco?), a nice park (albeit Battersea is nice) or the locals schools.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
If you're some lycra clad young turk, Battersea is ideal. Walk, cycle or be driven to work? And only the old and infirm, or overladen are driven.

Of course if you don't need to work you only need a flat to stay after a visit to HMG, Opera, etc., and you'd use a private driver, and Battersea is fine.

At this level you don't buy based on amenities (a pub? a late night Tesco?), a nice park (albeit Battersea is nice) or the locals schools.

I wasn't talking about the bit near the river. The areas of "Battersea", "Wandsworth" and "Clapham" are often misunderstood.

There is a large area called "between the commons" - a huge residential block that sits between Clapham Common to the West (which is in Wandsworth) and Wandsworth Common.

Much nearer to Balham in reality.

Running up the middle is Northcote Road.

You should see Gordon Ramsey's place.

One of the reasons for the house prices is that it's quite usual for central London. Very central, residential, arguably the best transport links in London and very "green" with a park and two commons to choose from.

If living off Wandsworth Common isn't "upmarket" I'm not sure what is.

Technically just outside the border of "Battersea" there is the "toast rack" where a number of celebs live.

Last edited:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
To be fair I didn't know till I travelled on the northern line recently. Think it opened earlier this year or last year!

Makes sense.

TFL are such monkeys. ???

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here