Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] Cycling geeks

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Aloha bargain hunters.

One of my Carbon Look Keo pedals is knackered.

I'm sure I've had the axle out before, for a clean and regrease, but I'll be jiggered if I can undo it now.
T'internet says I need a special tool for the drive side pedal, so maybe I'm mistaken.

Said tool costs £15.50.
A lot of money for a potentially one use purchase.

Then, worse case scenario, I might need a replacement axle - £40.

So naturally I thought bollox to that I'll just spend £25 and get new 'compatible' pedals.

Which leads me to these badboys down from £155 to just £55:-

https://www.planetx.co.uk/i/q/PELOBLC/look-keo-blade-carbon-cromo-pedals

Happy days.

I thought of the advise I gave you [MENTION=38145]Palacefinder General[/MENTION].
Should you wish to take that on board, and invest in some proper pedals, you can't go far wrong with these:-

https://www.ebay.co.uk/i/3726502898...FjUuA6KRVXds1st0v1-dv0H-fCxMKJABoCmyUQAvD_BwE

This is a proper recommendation as a few years ago I bought the same deal, for my winter 'hack' and the pedals are still going strong.
Now is also the time to look for cycling shoes in the end of season sales.
You may well be able to put together the whole kit, shoes, cleats and pedals for £60-£70 which is fantastic value for good quality stuff.

One tip though, for reasons too boring to explain try and buy a pedal/cleat bundle with grey cleats NOT the red ones.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
What's happened to you lot?! World championships in England and you've gone silent.

Pissed off about the weather mind. Just going to stroll up the road to watch the wimin.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Don't think I'd like to be dropped after 4 miles. :-o

Screenshot_20190928-130053_Gallery.jpg

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
What's happened to you lot?! World championships in England and you've gone silent.

Pissed off about the weather mind. Just going to stroll up the road to watch the wimin.

I have to admit, I haven't watched any of it at all. I also missed La Vuelta in its entirity.

Must get my cycling-watching-Mojo back.

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
[MENTION=1320]Notters[/MENTION] give Cecilie Uttrup Ludwig (number 43) a cheer from me please.

Anyway, time for a tip. If you get a rear wheel puncture, look for a 5 bar gate. You get the bike off the ground with near side pedal positioning so have both hands to get the wheel on and off. I did the whole thing without swearing.

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
Annemiek van Vleuten as so often, is in a different postcode this afternoon. She's another I'd be delighted for if she won it.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008

Been that way for a long time. Some great races this season and yet barely a mention here. Think the thread, and board as a whole has just become tired.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
260km instead of 280... 2 climbs out.
No Grinton Moor or Buttertubs due to flooding.
2 extra laps of circuit too.

No helicopter images for time being either due to weather.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Having suffered my least surprising puncture of the year, this morning, I have been wondering if there's any benefit to swapping my front and rear tyres, in an attempt to eek out a few more miles.

Thoughts?

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Having suffered my least surprising puncture of the year, this morning, I have been wondering if there's any benefit to swapping my front and rear tyres, in an attempt to eek out a few more miles.

Thoughts?

I can't say I've ever noticed my front or rear wearing at a different rate? :shrug:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I can't say I've ever noticed my front or rear wearing at a different rate? :shrug:
No me neither but by the same token I also can't remember my last front tyre puncture.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Just back from a trip to Molly's cafe t'other side of Brighton, very nice it was too.

I found out where I went wrong, back in the Summer, when looking for the lock at Shoreham.
I mistakenly took heed of the massive 'no cycling' sign and turned left instead of riding past it. :lol:

Fignon's Ponytail

Jun 29, 2012
On the Beach
Made the most of my £50 "apology" from Tredz, & today took delivery of a set of SKS Raceblade XL mudguards (as well as a new tyre for the MTB) All the reviews for the Raceblades have been extremely good and, as my frame doesn't have eyelets for racks or guards, they were the only real option, being clip on. In 35 years of riding I've never used a pair of "proper" mudguards before, so Im hoping for a much more comfortable few months on the bike for once. Will change over to the bombproof Randonneur 28's this weekend, and fit the guards, ready for the winter onslaught!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here