Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Cracking Weekend - How was yours?

Deano's Right Foot

Jul 5, 2003
Barcombe
Had friends down from London so we made an effort to do a few things.

Got the 77 open topped bus up to devil's dyke for a picnic overlooking beautiful contryside, and got the bus back down again. Went to La Cala Tapas bar in the afternoon and watched hundreds of jellyfish float by while sipping our drinks. Down the local pub for a few beers in the garden in the evening (and a few at home later).

Sunday morning, breakfast at Hove Lawns cafe, sit on the beach afterwards and paddle, bit of gentle footie with the kids on the lawns and home for lunch.

Ok, no great shakes, no spectacular happenings, but a very pleasant couple of days - this town (sorry City :rolleyes: ) can be pretty darn good sometimes.

:) :smokin:

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Threw sickie on Friday, started drinking quite early and had a curry in the garden in the evening before getting very stoned watching tv with a few choice mates.
Out on the piss on Saturday after an afternoon smoking on the beach, went to the Volks for a change and danced to some ragga, not bad.
Played football yesterday in the evening sun before a quiet night in front of the tv.

And now its Monday:(

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
Cool.
I can remember very little. Friday was some sun-based boozing followed by an all-night session back at mine with about 10 revellers of varying degrees of exhaustion. Saturday seemed to appear without warning and i went to see England v SA. Never had such an awful bus journey there. Nose started bleeding and my whole body shook all the way there. Can't recall much of the cricket, but woke slightly when a big fat man's arse crack appeared in front of us every time the Mexican wave came round. Couldn't stop laughing.
Then sat in the park with vodka and wine. Bus home intending to sleep, but ex-girlfriend came round to finish off the muck i had left. So stayed up again until about 3 and then was shocked when she was still there in the morning.
Then slept for 18 hours.

A spectacularly successful appearance on stage in a 70s theme show at a local Pig Roast and Barbecue.

People really believed they were watching the Bay City Rollers and the Bee Gees.

Whether Her Ladyship was more convincing as Little Jimmy Osmond or Dolly Parton is a matter of debate.

:cool:

Deano's Right Foot

Jul 5, 2003
Barcombe
The one downer was arriving home from the pub on Saturday evening to have Jake, our baby seagull, fall off the roof onto the steps five feet in front of me. He died instantly. :(

There was a kind of symmetry to this as his egg-shell also nearly landed on my head five weeks ago having fallen off the same roof.

Still his brother is still up there, cheeping away.

*dons crash helmet before leaving house*

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Well the height of my weekend was buying a new washing machine and dryer by remote control !

I bought a car last Friday by the same method, not even sure quite what I've got !

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Not unless he drove a Chrysler Le Baron .....

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
I had an absolute belter of a weekend!

Went to Fabric on Friday night and had it large to the Plump Djs and DJ Hype till the early hours of Saturday.

Saturday it was my one of my Best Mates kids christening party/BBQ at his lush new 4 bed detached house in Claygate.

Yesterday I went to Manchester to the Virgin Move festival at Old Trafford crickrt ground on VIP hospitality free booze and food and Pavillion balcony tickets to see Idlewild, Badly Drawn Boy, and R.E.M. Top day but knackered now!

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Pretty good one really. 30th birthday party in Brighton on Friday night, out with friends (BBQ) on the Saturday (although a slight bummer was that we had two invites which clashed) and the highlight of my Sunday was being able to go out with the wife for 4 hours in the middle of the day (pub lunch and several drinks in the sunshine) without the nipper. I loved that as we don't get to spend enough time on our own these days!

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Excellent weekend

Played cricket on Saturday against Bexhill, 79 Runs on a very hot afternoon and 0 for 28 but we couldn't get em out so settled for a draw. Pub after the game and then home.

Sunday, The Triangle for our Sunday morning swim( outside pool was magnificent), Sunday afternoon lazed around and had a family barbie in the evening ( Couldn't drink as I am on anti-biotics:( )

When the sun is out and the weather as nice, there is no better place on Earth than Sussex.

Curious Orange

Punxsatawney Phil
Jul 5, 2003
On NSC for over two decades...
I had a superb couple of days at the Goodwood Festival of Speed. Got to watch loads of performance cars caning it up a hill, including Le Mans winning GT40's, several Formula One cars both past and present, lots of Ferraris, and a Plymouth Barracuda dragster that could ride up on it's rear wheels!!!

There were several Grand Prix drivers of note driving at the festival including legends like Rene Arnout, and Nelson Piquet, and current drivers David Coulthard, Jenson Button (who spent a lot of time pulling donuts), and Christian de Matta.

The weather was spanking hot, and there were loads of fit women roaming about, which was nice!!!

And I didn't get as badly burned as my mate - who appears to have been incinerated!!!

:)

Brixtaan

Jul 7, 2003
Border country.East Preston.
spent two days in our newly discovered hidden paradise IN LONDON!!!.

Richmond Park is a staggeringly big and wild park.With woods,deer and ponds etc.There are hundreds of acres of deserted beauty,even during a rare weekend like the one just gone.We sat under our own giant oak by a big reservoir,fab views and the odd sunbathers in the distance.

At last, a reason to stay in London if the weather's good.

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
friday night grouting some new floor tiles ......

saturday Adur Bath Tub Race from Bramber to Shoreham. Couple of pints around midday, great fun in the race, got pelted with flour and water bombs, came 7th in the race so we retained our club trophy, couple of pints after the race. Swim in the sea early evening, it was beautiful. Onto barbeque, home at two in the morning.

sunday morning grouting. Afternoon cycle down the beach to meet family, swim, read book, talked, more swimming, then cycle home to get stuff ready for today.

This is my kind of life.

elbowpatches

Jul 7, 2003
Cambridge
Friday, spontaneous speed drinking session, returning at god knows what time and logging onto NSC :shootself for some bizarre reason.
Saturday, wake up still pissed at 8.30 throw up, clean the house go back to bed, train down to Brixton for a BBQ, hair of the dog very drunk all night went to a late night bar and met lots of lovely ladies.
Sunday, travel back to Cambridge and chill in the sun watching and listening to world music at a free concert in town.
Can't wait for next weekend, NSC piss up then meet up with a few friends after, this single life I'm beginning to enjoy more and more.:drink: :drink: :drink:

A particularly regretted ex-girlfriend of mine turned up without warning on Friday evening.

The only way I could deal with this was to get as pissed and stoned as possible, so I got absolutely f***ed all weekend. Had a great time but can't remember anything about it, except for the club I went in on Satdi night which was f***ing amazing.

Although according to said tart I "made a complete dick out of myself" and "they weren't laughing with you, they were laughing at you." She left fairly quickly on Sunday. Result.

xx

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here