[Brighton] Christmas light displays on peoples houses .

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
They're like tattoos - totally naff and usually found in areas of Social housing - but hey ho, if that's your thing then knock yourself out.

I actually don't mind them, but just can't be arsed to spend the time it must take to put all the crap up!
So, to sum up: you sneer at them but you actually quite like them and appreciate the efforts of those who take the time and trouble to put them up :rolleyes:

Peteinblack

NSC Patron
Jun 3, 2004
Bath, Somerset.
*** GRINCH ALERT ***

Always surprises me that people are concerned about the planet, the cost of fuel and then ...... BOOM, loads of lights up for around a month and a half, and none of it recyclable.
Not everyone, sadly!

Coldeanseagull

Opinionated
Mar 13, 2013
Coldean
To a new resident in West Lothian - welcome to the neighbourhood :facepalm:

View attachment 171137
I would invest in more tacky lights and have them on day and night. Then I would hide a few chicken carcasses around her property and throw dog shit at her when she walked past. The immediate neighbour will get a few 'we know where you live' messages. It's a statement of fact, but it'll put the willys up 'em!

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset
They're like tattoos - totally naff and usually found in areas of Social housing - but hey ho, if that's your thing then knock yourself out.

I actually don't mind them, but just can't be arsed to spend the time it must take to put all the crap up!

Round here all the posh areas have incredible light displays, like they're trying to out do each other. There's a road in canford cliffs (near sandbanks that looks like something out of home alone.

HeaviestTed

I’m eating
NSC Patron
Mar 23, 2023
I’m slowly building up a collection of inflatable Xmas tat as the mother in law hates them and I honestly think, if I get enough, eventually it will keep her away.

Peacehaven Wild Kids

Jan 16, 2022
The Avenue then Maloncho
You know when the front door is wrapped up with a massive bow? That means the lady of the house is up for …erm… making a few extra bob when the old man’s at work.

If you don’t believe me, I read it on Facebook so it’s gotta be true.

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
What's with all the bah humbug and if you've got kids or grandchildren it's brilliant when it's done well.

If you live in Eastbourne, Decoy Drive and Willingdon Park Drive are usually pretty good and a little further out Westfield near Hastings is spectacular.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports