Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Charlton in trouble again...

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
I also remember them not having any qualms about poaching our fans when the shit hit the fan with us so for that reason they can **** themselves

It was the club that tried to poach Brighton fans. The Charlton supporters brought two coach-loads to the first Fans United. You can dislike a team as much as you want and still feel empathy and sympathy for fellow fans. It's 'Fans United', not 'Clubs United'.

SAC

May 21, 2014
Looks to be more internal politics being aired in public as opposed to big trouble.

Big trouble, obviously, if they are relegated and no one is prepared to fund a push for promotion.

Gabbiano

Dec 18, 2017
Spank the Manc
It was the club that tried to poach Brighton fans. The Charlton supporters brought two coach-loads to the first Fans United. You can dislike a team as much as you want and still feel empathy and sympathy for fellow fans. It's 'Fans United', not 'Clubs United'.

And also, best part of two decades later, almost all the staff will have changed, all those involved in that initiative will be gone.

Time to drop this “fan-poaching” grudge that many Brighton fans have against Charlton.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
And also, best part of two decades later, almost all the staff will have changed, all those involved in that initiative will be gone.

Time to drop this “fan-poaching” grudge that many Brighton fans have against Charlton.

No it isnt.

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
I also remember them not having any qualms about poaching our fans when the shit hit the fan with us so for that reason they can **** themselves

Presumably you are equally outraged that Brighton and Hove Albion set up an Elite Development Centre at Whyteleafe, hoping to poach local footballing talent from the Surrey and south London area, and for that reason feel that Albion fans can **** themselves. :shrug:

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Presumably you are equally outraged that Brighton and Hove Albion set up an Elite Development Centre at Whyteleafe, hoping to poach local footballing talent from the Surrey and south London area, and for that reason feel that Albion fans can **** themselves. :shrug:

I appreciate you aren’t a local but there is a difference between setting up youth academy’s around neighbouring counties (most clubs do it) but advertising cheap season tickets and free coaches throughout Sussex knowing the Albion were off to Gillingham are a bit different

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
I appreciate you aren’t a local but there is a difference between setting up youth academy’s around neighbouring counties (most clubs do it) but advertising cheap season tickets and free coaches throughout Sussex knowing the Albion were off to Gillingham are a bit different

I'm from Eastbourne.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....

To be honest who can blame them, and in all fairness that was not the fans that put that particular operation in to practice, but shareholders/chairmen looking to increase income.

There were lot's of Charlton fans at fans utd and they have always helped us in our fight for survival, I think we have a kinship with the majority of Charlton fans and them us, as we have similar history/troubles that we can relate to, plus they hate Palarse as well.

I like Charlton and if I had to pick a second English team, it would probably be them.

Last edited:

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern

Yep. I remember walking into the Evening Star that day and there seemed to be more Charlton fans than Albion ones there. We got massive support from Charlton fans that day - and throughout our struggle in our dark days.

I have a lot of sympathy for them, I can't think of any fans who warrant our help more

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
To be honest that who can blame them, and in all fairness that was not the fans that put that particular operation in to practice.

I’m not that arsed either way anymore , just saying it’s a bit different from a youth setup or scouting outside of Sussex

albionfan37

Aug 14, 2014
What’s it called? Cumbernauld

That’s a bit different when a club comes in nicking fans when they’re on their uppers is pretty distasteful

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead

Goodness, it’s not as if they kidnapped any Sussex folk and forced them to watch football at the Valley. They put out a few adverts that people were free to respond to or not. I would hazard a guess that there are quite a few current Albion STH who went off to support London clubs when you and I were backing our club during the Gillingham years. This was without any need for advertising campaigns from the likes of Chelsea, Spurs and Arsenal. Actually I don’t need to guess because people have said so on NSC. Doesn’t bother me. Their loss.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Goodness, it’s not as if they kidnapped any Sussex folk and forced them to watch football at the Valley. They put out a few adverts that people were free to respond to or not. I would hazard a guess that there are quite a few current Albion STH who went off to support London clubs when you and I were backing our club during the Gillingham years. This was without any need for advertising campaigns from the likes of Chelsea, Spurs and Arsenal. Actually I don’t need to guess because people have said so on NSC. Doesn’t bother me. Their loss.

Wow some spin that. 'A few adverts'. You DO know it was on a giant poster outside Brighton station?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here