Charlie Oatway

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

clarkey

Jan 3, 2006
Anyone else see him, when it was all kicking off at the end of the first half, run down the touchline towards the Pompey bench with a clenched fist telling them to 'shut the f*** up'?

I was sitting in the stand and I was petrified.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
He did and good on him as they were right whinging tossers the lot of them.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
And having people like him about is just class. It's no secret he's a lover of banter in the dressing room etc too

n1 gull

Jul 25, 2003
Hurstpierpoint
I also think its his job, so Poyet doesn't cop the flack. He's like an old fashioned Sargeant Major - doing all the drilling etc..
He reminds me of the guy in Officer and a Gentlemen - when he got Mayonaise (Richard Gere) through his training - defo legend

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
He is perfect on the bench for us. Passionate and not afraid to rile and piss off opposition.

Loved him as a player, love him as a coach.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
There is this derogatory 'jobs for the boys' tag linked with out setup, but Oatway, Butters, Rogers, Watson et al appear to do sterling jobs. Very unfair.

Oatway is a class act.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
I also think its his job, so Poyet doesn't cop the flack. He's like an old fashioned Sargeant Major - doing all the drilling etc..
He reminds me of the guy in Officer and a Gentlemen - when he got Mayonaise (Richard Gere) through his training - defo legend

So true and what a great idea!

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
I love the story about him being named after the entire 1972 QPR side, none of which are called Charlie. So he has 11 names and he still gets a nickname cos 'he looks like a Charlie'

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Honestly thought he was going to lamp someone on their bench and good on him

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports