Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Championship brilliant

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
The Amex has become my focal point for visits to Sussex, seeing my mates, having a few beers and a pie or two, watching some great footy and having an overall great experience.

Martinf

SeenTheBlue&WhiteLight
Mar 13, 2008
Lewes
Brilliant thread. Seven wins and a draw from our first eight fixtures this season (including cup) and now no wins in eight - Rollercoaster ride! Must say I am enjoying every minute of it. Our objective this season is to hold our own in this division and I am confident we can do that as results have shown.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
It is the BEST division to be in IMHO. Ignore all the media spin about The Premiership, and who actually enjoys being in a division that only 3 teams can possibly win?

The Championship, from one season to another, can be won by ANYONE, and that is brilliant. The football is high class, and teh competition is fierce. Anyone can beat anyone, and the margins between top and bottom are unbelievably small.

Superb stuff.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Absolutely right. The Championship has been a very good league for a few seasons now, and it's great to be part of it.

You knew when you looked at the teams in the summer this season that it was going to be quality, a particularly good vintage. There were very few likely 'weak links', and so it is proving. We thought Millwall were one, and look at what they did at Leicester.

Palace aside, I have enjoyed all the matches I've seen, and we have been a good addition ourselves.

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
This thread has restored my faith in NSC. Only one negative post so far. Personally I too am loving this division, we are where we should be, we are mid table Championship club in size. Proper away days to real places with actual stadiums beats Hartlepool and Yeovil away any day.

Wonbrow

Aug 17, 2011
As someone who has 'come back from the cold' buying a season ticket for the Amex and going to the Albion again after a long, long time away is one of the best things I've done for a long-time.
I have enjoyed every single game I've been to, the atmosphere is fantastic and we are watching COMPETITIVE football matches, which I'm not sure happens in other leagues.

The quality of the football is excellent and it is not a matter of 'IF' we will be successfull, it is WHEN.

alan partridge

Jul 7, 2003
Linton Travel Tavern
A thread for the mature of mind, not prone to hyperbole, one account holding, non fishing user of NSC if ever I saw one.

darters74

Jun 9, 2011
All over the place
What a great time in BHA's history to take my 9yr old son to the footy. He started out the last game of the 2008/2009 season when we beat Stockport to guarantee survival. Went to approx 10 games the following season including Villa away, then approx 10 games last season including Swindon away on Day 1 which was fantastic, but now this. The difference to me is not going away too disappointed after a defeat, (apart from the Palace game). I would take him to every away game if I had the money, nothing beats an away game, but it might just be one or 2 for us this season. Certainly is a roller-coaster, long may it continue.......:albion2:

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
It's brilliant going to every single game this season with every type of result (WDL) possible.

Last season was obviously fantastic, but during a certain run of games (4-0, 4-1, 4-2 I think, or something similar) it began to feel like a win was pretty much expected and anything else was a disappointment. And that feeling was just a TINY taste of how it must be for Man Utd fans EVERY WEEK. How BORING.

It's brilliant going to every single game this season with every type of result (WDL) possible.

Last season was obviously fantastic, but during a certain run of games (4-0, 4-1, 4-2 I think, or something similar) it began to feel like a win was pretty much expected and anything else was a disappointment. And that feeling was just a TINY taste of how it must be for Man Utd fans EVERY WEEK. How BORING.

Apart from last weekend that is.

I am also a returning season ticket holder after 20 years and have found the whole experience uplifting as I approach my 60th birthday. I really look forward to every home game and the AMEX experience.

Austrian Gull

Feb 5, 2009
Linz, Austria
Good thread in amongst the negative whining.

I can't wait for Saturday - I'm going to St Andrews and seeing us take on a side who won a domestic cup last season and are thriving in Europe.

Anyone who can't see our progress needs to take a step back and ask themselves if they can cope with the disappointments that make up most football supporters' lives.

lethaldrizzle

Apr 30, 2007
South East London
It is the BEST division to be in IMHO. Ignore all the media spin about The Premiership, and who actually enjoys being in a division that only 3 teams can possibly win?

The Championship, from one season to another, can be won by ANYONE, and that is brilliant. The football is high class, and teh competition is fierce. Anyone can beat anyone, and the margins between top and bottom are unbelievably small.

Superb stuff.

Totally agree. Hate to bring a trace of pessimism in here but I just hope this league can stay this open in the long-term - looks to me like through the massive increase in parachute payments the Premiershite suits are conspiring to bring it into line with the predictable, boring and unequal top flight. So even more reason to sod the moaners and enjoy it while we can.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
I was listening to Talk Sport last night. They spoke to a Birmingham fan after their 1-0 victory over Leeds. When asked if he was wanted a quick return to the premiership, the Brummie replied "I don't, you have a chance of winning every game in this league and its good football!"
I do want to get to the premiership eventually but I am in no mad rush. Really enjoying the standard of footy at this level.

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
10 odd years of hurt, welcome to the pleasure dome.

Just want the rollarcoaster to keep going, what a brilliant league, would not want to call who is going up, who is missing out and who is going down, feels like anyone can beat anyone on the day, I'm even nervous about the Watford & Barnsley games as beating them puts distance to the bottom, losing them and we will be scrapping with them.

Loving it....

wardy wonder land

Dec 10, 2007
top thread ! absolutley loving the ride, look forward to the trips to the AMEX, the whole build up to the game, I get there early to see if it is still true and not another "away-game"

Never been a season ticket holder before (playing always took priority on saturdays) - but that little plastic card helps with the acceptance of "old age"

Plus the drink, food, view ace ace ace - Just love the whole package

True away games have the best "feel" - but home games are just great - and will be even better once "winter" arrives

Football is always better in a thick coat & wooly hat

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here