[Albion] Carlos Baleba SINGS a 5-year deal

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

chrisg

Apr 9, 2012
Zero chance of him playing on Saturday- give him a chance to get settled!
After the International break on the bench

Colonel Mustard

Jun 18, 2023
I don't think he would be that fragile.

He got thrown into the French top league and has stepped up.

We need his attributes .

I really hope we see him sooner rather than later.
I’ve no idea about his preparedness but there are plenty of experts at the club who are paid to know about these things. On the off-chance that they think he’s ready, we'll see him in the team. The much more likely scenario is that they’ll use this week and the international break to ensure he has 2.5 weeks to be taught RDZ101. And depending on his progress with that and settling in, we may see him on the bench at Old Trafford. But they’ll make the best decision for him and the team — of that I’m in no doubt.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
We signed Caciedo at 19 and he started playing not that far after (via a short loan) / why’s this lad different ?

French football is a step up from Ecuador

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
We signed Caciedo at 19 and he started playing not that far after (via a short loan) / why’s this lad different ?

French football is a step up from Ecuador
Caicedo signed on February 1 2021. His first appearance for the first team was in the League Cup at Cardiff City on August 24 2021 (and hs first Premier League appearance was on April 9 2022 against Arsenal).
I am going to stick my neck out and say that we won't have to wait 14 months for Baleba's first Premier League appearance, or almost 9 months for his initial first team appearance. :thumbsup:

Gabbiano

Dec 18, 2017
Spank the Manc
Caicedo signed on February 1 2021. His first appearance for the first team was in the League Cup at Cardiff City on August 24 2021 (and hs first Premier League appearance was on April 9 2022 against Arsenal).
I am going to stick my neck out and say that we won't have to wait 14 months for Baleba's first Premier League appearance, or almost 9 months for his initial first team appearance. :thumbsup:
I was about to dispute his point, but didn’t have the data to back it up!

As so often the case, AZ to the rescue.

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
Agreed, and then Potter stated that maybe he didn’t introduce him into the team quick enough.

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
From the interview on the official site, when asked who is his favourite player? Maybe someone with a similar style. He said ''it used to be Paul Pogba, but not anymore, I am my own favourite player.'' Confident young lad.

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Who is your favourite player Carlos?
‘It used to be Paul Pogba but now my favourite player is me’
Or words to that effect.
Good to see he has confidence in his own ability.

From the interview on the official site, when asked who is his favourite player? Maybe someone with a similar style. He said ''it used to be Paul Pogba, but not anymore, I am my own favourite player.'' Confident young lad.

Reminiscent of what Yves Bissouma said on a Football Focus interview a couple of years ago:-

7:18

Brighton & Hove Albion
Aug 6, 2006
Brighton, England
Might benefit the most from the loan of Fati, very much overshadowed (this thread was at risk of being buried) which is a good thing in my opinion. Being labelled as “the future of the club”, the young man could do with an even bigger signing to take over the spotlight. Really curious to see if he is on the bench on Saturday!

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Zero chance of him playing on Saturday- give him a chance to get settled!
After the International break on the bench
He will be on the bench for Newcastle. This will get him familiar to his new surroundings and team mates.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Reminiscent of what Yves Bissouma said on a Football Focus interview a couple of years ago:-

That's not all they have in common:

'New Albion signing Carlos Baleba has similar qualities to former Albion midfielder Yves Bissouma.

That is according to sportswriter and football podcaster Andrew Gibney, who has followed the 19-year-old’s progress since he joined Lille in January 2022.'

(From a story on the official website)

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Good article in the Athletic today saying he was the top target all summer but took so long because Lille knew that we would get the Moises money so pushed hard on the fee.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports