Carlisle United v Brighton & Hove Albion (Official Thread)

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
Personally with Westlake in I'd bring in a central midfielder first. In theory with Cox, Westlake, Bowditch and Robinson the wings shouldn't be as much of a problem as they are. The real problem is that those choices are a prick, needed elsewhere, in poor form or not really good enough to start (especially away from home) respectively. I'm not saying I wouldn't welcome a new winger in, especially one with consistently good delivery, but personally I'd be happier to see a truly creative attacking midfielder brought in first.

Westlake IS a creative attacking midfielder though, it's just the clown Wilkins who's decided to follow Wise and play him out of position simply because he's got a left foot.

Robinson isn't really a natural winger...god knows what position he is. But he can run at full backs.
Cox is erratic, and appears to have a chip on his shoulder. He's also right footed, so god knows why we play him on the left.
Bowditch is a STRIKER, yet we play him on the right too. No wonder he's been a bit crap so far.
Martot is crap on the wing
Hart we don't know about...he might be passed it, but he sure as hell won't get a look in under Wilkins.

Widemen should be the priority, i'm certain. Murray scored loads of headers for Rochdale - give him the crosses and i don't see why he can't for us. (Admittedly, he fluffed one the other night...but that's the only one he's had so far!)

New signing/Cox Westlake Thomson New signing/Robinson
:thumbsup:

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Cox is erratic, and appears to have a chip on his shoulder. He's also right footed, so god knows why we play him on the left.

New signing/Cox Westlake Thomson New signing/Robinson
:thumbsup:

Whenever we have played and Cox has switched wings with Bowditch he uses hhis left foot most times to cross the ball, I have mentioned this to my brother many times when watching him. Could this be due to instructions from the clowns on the bench, hence he cuts back and kicks with his right when on the left wing.

Skidmarks

Feb 12, 2008
Woolworths
Its soooooo obvious that Richards is good going forward, Lynch is a good left-back and Westlake's Ipswich's player of the year award came when playing attacking midfield.
Can't see DW ever changing things though, I think he's very stubborn with how he wants his team to play(solid) and wont accept it doesn't work.

I don't want him sacked because it wouldn't benefit the team at this stage of the season but i do feel the fans have shot themselves in the foot calling for McGhee's sacking because of our league position and style of football, some might say he was falling out with the team but it seems no worse than what we're witnessing at the moment!

I hope to see some sort of change on Tuesday which could improve our style of play and even produce a cross!...but that is being way to hopeful, the ball is certain to be in the air on tues but lets hope the set-pieces are gonna bea bit more direct!

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
Whenever we have played and Cox has switched wings with Bowditch he uses hhis left foot most times to cross the ball, I have mentioned this to my brother many times when watching him. Could this be due to instructions from the clowns on the bench, hence he cuts back and kicks with his right when on the left wing.

in all fairness to cox, he delivers perfect crosses 80% of the time with his right foot. i think it is more a confidence issue, in that he doesnt feel he can deliver a quality ball on his left, so he feels the need to cut back everytime

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports