Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Car advice please

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Tyres, MOT, Service, brake pads, tax, anything else that might go wrong and then take days to fix.

Not saying it’s right for everyone but older cars are just money over money to keep going - and then be scrapped or sold for very little anyway

Are consumables and tax covered by a lease then? That I didn’t know

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
I had a 2004 Corolla with about 150,000 miles. The only reason I'm not still driving it, is because some idiot in a Jaguar F Pace rammed it on the M62 and wrote it off.

£750 from the insurance :cry:

Currently driving an Aygo which is a bit on the small side, and a tad underpowered.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Get a quote from Mr Clutch in Shoreham, I believe they give fixed prices too.. They use pattern parts rather than the expensive manufacturers but should be good for a few years and yes Jap cars are pretty solid and reliable.....but mostly fecking DULL to drive (I speak from experience as I have a 2003 Lexus and it’s hewn from granite but christ it’s boring)

I have a Subaru Legacy wagon , bought 12 years ago @89k, mr C did clutch (release bearing failed) @105k, now on 167k and has towed heavy shit regularly. It gets caned thrashed, abused and worked very hard.

****ing awesome car, great value. And 100% reliable.

Japs know how to make cars properly, at a sensible price.

So get a quote and keep it, if it's been reliable so far it'll continue to be so.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Yes but factor in everything on top of the £15k over that 12 years.
Yes of course.

Generally a car should only need 1 service on a 2 year lease.
That's handy.

What happens if someone dents the side in the car park (as the ****ers tend to do)? I guess you're liable, so you choose to pay or claim on your insurance, but the lease company decide who will carry out the repairs and consequently, how much it'll cost?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here