Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Can the current team survive next season?

MRRF 10

We are going up:clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap:

Going_up_smilie.gif

....but will the current team survive or do we need to bring in new players? if so, then how many?

Last edited:

bobbyzee

Feb 17, 2004
Division 1
hmmmmm....tough one to answer at moment....busy getting pissed!:drink: :drink: :drink: :drink:
:jester: :clap2: :clap:

garethjamesuk

Jan 6, 2004
Eastbourne
No i dont think so as when i saw us live this year we struggled, but we got there and we are up and that helps attact better players again, if we buy sensibly and now that is 2 out of last 3 years been in div 1, in 4 years we have had 2 titles, playoff final win and relagation on last day of season, god we are a exciting team to support.
good job lads

MRRF 10

i think we need to buy another midfielder (don't forget Rodger will be back next season), possibly one more defender(although blackwell will be back) and definitely one more striker as i don't think lumo will cut it in the first division

Going_up_smilie.gif

Last edited:

Schrödinger's Toad

Nie dla Idiotów
Jan 21, 2004
Hmm ... no, but the strengthening needed is a case of adding rather than replacing mostly, but we do need a strong (preferably big) holding midfielder and another striker, plus a right back

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Interesting quote from McGhee this morning. Can't remember which paper, but basically saying that last time we went up we had a few older players who had reached their maximum level. This time, he says the youngsters coming through are good enough for Div One already and will only get better.

Plus there's Blackwell, and Rodger to come back, and the ones he's getting more out of like Butters and Piercy. Reid seems pretty decent - deputised well for Chippy.

We only went down last time cos we lost 13 on the trot and entered the season in a shambolic state - that just won't happen under McGhee. If we can strengthen the midfield a bit & maybe add a winger, we can definitely stay up.

Exiled in Exeter

Jul 16, 2003
W3D
I think we can.

With the squad strengthening we probably need a creative midfielder and a striker.

But anyhow guess this is a debate for another day.

We are going up!!!

Every professional knows that they have to play to the standard of the division or risk losing their place. They may have to accept transfer moves ....but sometimes that also means more money.
Earning the club a playoff win can only be good on the cv anyway.

It really is not the time to start knocking down and rebuilding anything - on paper or elsewhere - so all I can say right now is "the Albion are AMAZING and BLOODY WELL DONE LADS !".

That goes for all the present squad, every player that got us this far.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here