Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Brighton & Hove Albion vs Liverpool *** Official Match Thread ***

Littlemo

Aug 25, 2022
I’d like to see RDZ go back to 3 in midfield. We were most successful with Gross, Mac Allister and Caicedo last season and I think that regardless of which two play, two isn’t enough.

Fergus the Schnoodle

Aug 12, 2023
You can’t be blaming either of those goals on the midfield? Gross is literally one of our best players technically? The first goal Dunks pass is nowhere near either midfielder and the second one Gross has been passed the ball with the Liverpool player already in front of him
There was no midfielder showing for the ball with the first goal and if you look at the slo mo of the second goal Gross doesn’t control it. If I’m blaming anything, it’s the tactics - don’t play out from the back of our players don’t show for it or can’t control it

GoingUp

Aug 14, 2011
Sussex By The Sea
One question. What the hell has happened to Ferguson? I barely know he's on the pitch.

He's being forced to play deep to lay the ball off. He's never the one getting fed balls to run on to, or crossed to now.

Think he plays better as a loan striker, which was fine last season but how can we drop Pedro?

We are the worst team defensively in the league without caicedo. A fact.
Caicedo played every match to build up consistency with the same players around him most of the time. Pity his poor successors! Not even sure Caicedo would cope
I don’t think we’ve defended as badly since that shit spell under hyppia. Even under dullard Houghton we were never shipping so many goals. I get the taking big risks but game management is also important
Bodying 3 managers in 5 lines 😆

Shit that must be the worst miss I've ever seen Ronny Rosenthal lives

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014
From what I’ve seen I much prefer steele and to say he’s not good enough is very harsh on him.
It’s all opinions. I don’t rate Steele at all. He’s good with the ball at his feet, but the actual goalkeeping part he fails at rather spectacularly almost every time he plays for us. I have zero confidence in him.

Not that I’ve seen that much from Bart that’s positive. Both our goalkeeping options seem below par at present.

Either way, we’re conceding goals at an alarming rate and something has to be done. And that comes down to RDZ who I think’s been dealt a much weaker hand this year, but who continues to make baffling decisions and not learn from his mistakes.

BHA Fan93

Nov 1, 2020
It’s all opinions. I don’t rate Steele at all. He’s good with the ball at his feet, but the actual goalkeeping part he fails at rather spectacularly almost every time he plays for us. I have zero confidence in him.

Not that I’ve seen that much from Bart that’s positive. Both our goalkeeping options seem below par at present.

Either way, we’re conceding goals at an alarming rate and something has to be done. And that comes down to RDZ who I think’s been dealt a much weaker hand this year, but who continues to make baffling decisions and not learn from his mistakes.
I think he’s the easy option to blame as he came here for free, he will openly admit he struggled previously but I feel he’s done more than prove he’s a premier league quality goalkeeper, but like I say people just see the history and the price tag and are quick to jump on him.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here