Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Brighton and Hove Albion vs Blackpool ****Official Match Thread****

Bring back Bryan wade!!

I wanna caravan for me ma
Jun 28, 2010
Hassocks
How the hell does the BBC have us 51% possession? There were huge stretches of the game where Blackpool could scarcely get a touch of the ball.

That's absolute bollocks 65-70% minimum

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
How the hell does the BBC have us 51% possession? There were huge stretches of the game where Blackpool could scarcely get a touch of the ball.

First half felt like it must have been about 75%, down to 60% in the second half

Dancing Sock

Dec 8, 2012
Brighton
Great result today lads, just another win needed of our last two to secure that deserved promotion spot.

As much as I would love to see us get Palace in the play offs whether it be semi or final, it would also be fantastic to see them miss out after hanging around in the top 6 for most of the season.

This is a good day people!

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
Great result today lads, just another win needed of our last two to secure that deserved promotion spot.

As much as I would love to see us get Palace in the play offs whether it be semi or final, it would also be fantastic to see them miss out after hanging around in the top 6 for most of the season.

This is a good day people!

Looks unlikely Palace will miss out now after the Forest result as Forest have to play Leicester. Still possible but very unlikely, but let's keep our fingers crossed!

Edit. Am talking bollocks. Still plenty of scope for the idiots to cock it up.

Last edited:

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
To finish level on points, we would need to win a further zero and Leicester would have to win and draw one, so by virtue of those results, they will have to have a positive goal difference and us a negative one.

Thanks. I saw that just after I posted. Rachel Riley I am not!

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
How did you work that out?
They're 4 points behind us with 2 games to go. To catch us, they need to either
a) Win one, draw one - while we lose two
b) Win two, while we draw two
In either case, their goal difference will improve, and ours won't (we can't improve our GD without winning a game)

One of those days when everything came together, weather, atmosphere and most important, the result. One of those "...and I was there" days. Loved the seagull getting his own chant, the "5 - 0 to the Albion" which became 6 - 0 and then 7 - 0 and the "we're googling brilliant" being sung loudly in the concourse at half time prompting me to explain to the young Pottings about hearing things but not repeating them! Opera singer wasn't bad either.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton

It's the AP, that's where BBC and Sky Sports get their stats from for the football league. How have they given the assist for Upson's goal to Calderon, and the own goal to Hammond, when video shows it's the same person. If they'd given them both to Calderon, fine, but they got it right on one, and wrong on the other. (They confused Calderon and Hammond for the Huddersfield game, too).

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
They're 4 points behind us with 2 games to go. To catch us, they need to either
a) Win one, draw one - while we lose two
b) Win two, while we draw two
In either case, their goal difference will improve, and ours won't (we can't improve our GD without winning a game)

I hope that doesn't happen. Or that.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Annoying that Cardiff are already champions, and don't need to fight against Bolton - because if Cardiff beat Bolton we're in the playoffs even if we lose our last two.

zeetha

Apr 11, 2011
Typical! The one match I can't get to as I'm up in London for the Marathon and Brighton win 6-1!!! Maybe I should stay away more often... ;)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here