[NSC] Become an NSC Supporter. If you want. It's entirely optional. No-one has to.

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
I was thinking about you the other day, hope all is well 🙏🙏
I'm keeping well both mentally and physically mate. Thanks for your kind words. 👍

Had a holiday in New York at the beginning of September and saw Coco Gauff lift the US Open women's singles tennis trophy. What an atmosphere on Arthur Ashe Stadium! She's going to win many more Grand Slams I hope and a 15/2 winner paid for some of the trip!

Got back to driving recently and it wasn't easy but I'm getting there. I drive much slower now in an automatic that is safer. I can't drive in the dark just yet after what happened.

But hey-ho, it's all good. Steady new job and Albion making waves in European football! 🙂

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
I'm keeping well both mentally and physically mate. Thanks for your kind words. 👍

Had a holiday in New York at the beginning of September and saw Coco Gauff lift the US Open women's singles tennis trophy. What an atmosphere on Arthur Ashe Stadium! She's going to win many more Grand Slams I hope and a 15/2 winner paid for some of the trip!

Got back to driving recently and it wasn't easy but I'm getting there. I drive much slower now in an automatic that is safer. I can't drive in the dark just yet after what happened.

But hey-ho, it's all good. Steady new job and Albion making waves in European football! 🙂
All good news 👍

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
How about you make the user decide whether or not they want the tag individually. Then we will be certain to see who is doing it for the glory.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
So I just tried to change my username (just changing im to I'm) cos Ed did it wrong years ago and it won't let me.
Says it needs to be 25 characters or less, but my existing one is longer than 25 characters. @Bozza 🤔

Changed it to Brick Top now in the meantime
I think some things skirt the limits because they were transferred in from vbulletin. My old signature (colours and a link) copied over fine, but when I tried to edit in colours and a link it didn't let me because there weren't permitted on Xenforo.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I think some things skirt the limits because they were transferred in from vbulletin. My old signature (colours and a link) copied over fine, but when I tried to edit in colours and a link it didn't let me because there weren't permitted on Xenforo.
Sorry - been out for a bit.

It will be exactly that.

When I’m back at my laptop I’ll see if o can change that - it will be a parameter somewhere I’m sure.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
So I just tried to change my username (just changing im to I'm) cos Ed did it wrong years ago and it won't let me.
Says it needs to be 25 characters or less, but my existing one is longer than 25 characters. @Bozza 🤔

Changed it to Brick Top now in the meantime
Try again now...

Cotton Socks

Skint Supporter
Feb 20, 2017
How about you make the user decide whether or not they want the tag individually. Then we will be certain to see who is doing it for the glory.
Because that again creates a 2 tier system , without people realising that you can pay to remove the ad's which is what some people are doing it for.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade

Good to read :thumbsup:

carlzeiss

May 19, 2009
Amazonia
Was considering subscribing as long since been regretting my username which was picked at random by the method by which I usually select names and passwords, that is by observing near by objects to hand and utilizing them for which ever website requires the process to be carried out at the moment of registering for their services.

However being an independent minded person with principles and pride of my achievements (which here will remain unspoken), being classified as a "licker" is not a depth that I would wish to plunge.

So for now my paypal account will remain untouched.

Respectfully yours

CZ

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Still too long
Yours was 28 so I upped it to 30 as I thought you just wanted to add an apostrophe.

I've upped it again to 40 so, a week from now, you can change it again if you want!

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I'm fine with the badge but think should also turn it into marketing/raising profile for the scheme. So it Would be good if the badge was clickable and sent you through to a "About" page outlining what the "supporter" thing was all about , how to sign up etc.
As most people will forget / not realise once this thread fades from the front page etc.
There's no way of doing that currently, but it would be a useful addition if it could.

So I searched and someone else had asked the same thing and someone coded up a solution. So, *IF* the badge remains, I'll look to do just that.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Please do not do that. Its not my place to speak for @Bozza - but I know in this specific case, I do. This is absolutely NOT the intended outcome of any of this. The message could not be clearer - please consider helping to support the site, if you have the means and inclination to do so. If not, please ignore the whole idea and continue to enjoy the site in your own way.

If you use the site regularly - you will be contributing a little in generated ad-view revenue, so do not feel that you are in any way excluded, for not getting involved with this method of contributing.

I may generate something through the adverts myself - particularly as I actually tend to click on a load of them, because I am pathetically easily side-tracked.
Very much all of this. No-one is any more nor any less a member of this community unless they actively decide they don't want to be.

As I think I mentioned at the beginning of this thread, I genuinely don't know how much an average regular user passively contributes to the site in ad revenue. It could be that someone who is using the site a fair bit day-to-day is "contributing" more to the site than someone who has chosen to support the site directly - I simply have no idea either way.

I'm also a "don't mind ads" weirdo - I have them running for me all the time on NSC. I got a great Nike jacket at a really great price from an ad that was served to me on here from a site I'd never heard of before.

(The site was https://sportitfirst.co.uk/ for anyone interested!)

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
The likes of the institute of economic affairs and the Ayn Rand institute have charity status.... and they ate both fxxxpig cxxxs

Register as charity!!!

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Was considering subscribing as long since been regretting my username which was picked at random by the method by which I usually select names and passwords, that is by observing near by objects to hand and utilizing them for which ever website requires the process to be carried out at the moment of registering for their services.

However being an independent minded person with principles and pride of my achievements (which here will remain unspoken), being classified as a "licker" is not a depth that I would wish to plunge.

So for now my paypal account will remain untouched.

Respectfully yours

CZ
What about a Wetter 🤔🤣

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports