[Misc] BBC Sounds Recommendations

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Van Cleef

Jun 17, 2023
Does anyone listen to Life Changing on Radio 4? It's the most interesting radio programme I've listened to in years.
There was an extremely moving episode this morning (to pre-warn, it deals in part with still birth). Here's a screenshot as I don't know how to post a link for this; Screenshot_20240410-094356_Chrome.jpg

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Thanks @Van Cleef - the link is there now via https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/m001y289

the summary of the prog on the episode page is :

"Agnes Nisbett is a nurse and midwife whose own hospital experience in the 1970s revealed just how flawed and uncaring the system could be. Agnes came to the UK from St Kitts and Nevis as part of the Windrush generation. Her goal was to achieve as much as she could in her profession and despite the many barriers, “sheer hard work” got her to the top. Now in her eighties and looking back on her time in the NHS, she shares how her own private and personal loss inspired her to challenge and change things for others. This interview discusses the experience of stillbirth. Details of help and support with pregnancy-related issues are available through the BBC Action Line at bbc.co.uk/actionline. "

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Does anyone listen to Life Changing on Radio 4? It's the most interesting radio programme I've listened to in years.
There was an extremely moving episode this morning (to pre-warn, it deals in part with still birth). Here's a screenshot as I don't know how to post a link for this;View attachment 180241
I listened to a good deal of it and agree it was fascinating and moving.
My most recent R4 discovery is Strangers on a Train:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports