Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Battle of the rock chicks - Amy or Avril?

Wilts

Jul 5, 2003
Bournemouth/Reading
Didn't that bird out of L7 used to get her kit off all the time?

I remember something on "The Word" similar to a bird shoving a dildo up herself on stage. Good entertainment, shame they didn't go far.

Just a thought, doesn't "The Distillers" sound a bit tame for a metal band? Something like "**** Sodomy Nazis" or something would be more appropriate. Anyone remember a band called Cannibal Corpse?

JAMC

Jul 5, 2003
I remember seeing footage of a festival and L7 were playing. Half way through a song the singer pulls her tampon out and throws it into the crowd. No word of a lie!!
Now that's what I call rock and roll.
I'd love to see Avril Lavigne do that!!!

??? ??? :drink:

JAMC

Jul 5, 2003
L7 TV interview stopped by brawl - UK TV Director assaulted.

L7 took time out recently from working in the studio on their next CD to be interviewed by the UK's Channel 4 TV for a forthcoming documentary entitled "The History Of Music Through British TV".

The show is based on a viewer voted Top 40 Chart of Events - in which L7 have the distinguished honor of being the only band to appear twice.

The scheduled interview with L7's Donita Sparks and Dee Plakas was to take place in an infamous Latino Drag Queen bar in the Silverlake area of Los Angeles. The location being picked for its unique ambiance.

The attention paid by the film crew and cameras to the ladies of L7 apparently provoked an attack by the bar's Proprietor, who launched across the bar at the unsuspecting and unprepared English Director. During this shocking attack bottles were broken, equipment felled, crew scattered and police were called.

"If the cameras had only been rolling we could have made the chart a 3rd time" quipped Sparks.
"I wish I could move that fast in high heels" added Plakas.

With Sparks and Plakas unharmed and the director consoled the shoot was re-scheduled for the next day at the Rainbow Bar & Grill in the comparatively safer confines of Hollywood where the film crew had an interview with Motorhead's frontman Lemmy Kilmister already planned for the afternoon.

The documentary will highlight the top 40 most significant events and appearances on British television . The two events which feature L7: Donita Sparks pulling down her pants during a live appearance on the music program "The Word" in 1992 - and the raffling of drummer Dee Plakas for a one night stand with a audience member during a live show in London last year are on the chart at numbers 20 and 28 respectively.

Other entries on the chart include: #1; BEATLES - All You Need Is Love telecast, #2: Elvis '68 NBC comeback special, and #3: The Sex Pistols live interview with Bill Grundy

Some of the other artists scheduled to be interviewed for the show include: Marianne Faithfull, Keith Richards, Noel Gallagher (Oasis), Yoko Ono, Ray Davies and Damon Albam (Blur)

Wilts

Jul 5, 2003
Bournemouth/Reading
Do you remember the Word well? It was well good when I was about 12 watching it. They used to say "f***" a lot, which to a 12 year old was quality. :D

JAMC

Jul 5, 2003
L7

WillH01.JPG

gonzo666

Jul 5, 2003
southwick
WiltsRoyal said:
. Anyone remember a band called Cannibal Corpse?

yer i do got an album or 2 .thats the name you need to start a band nowadays,gets straight to the point
ylsuper.gif

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here