[Albion] Aston Villa Away

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Jimmy Grimble

Bestleft2

Mar 3, 2023
Anyone know roughly how long it will take on the B&H travel coach and what time back in Brighton after game? Thinking of getting coach Coach is nearly twice as cheap as the train

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Anyone know roughly how long it will take on the B&H travel coach and what time back in Brighton after game? Thinking of getting coach Coach is nearly twice as cheap as the train
You mean half the price, maybe

Charles 'Charley' Charles

NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2005
The Mile Of Oaks
My son done it by coach last season. Apparently it takes a long and very frustrating time to get on the motorway. I believe they had watched at least the first half of the 5.30 game before they had got moving. Think all told it was about four and a half hours.

Bestleft2

Mar 3, 2023
Thanks all - train 4hr 30 (might be longer if any rail replacement buses ) so will take a punt on the coach

Leegull

Apr 7, 2016
Starting to plan our trip to Villa, previously have driven but as has been said, getting away afterwards took a long time, stationary traffic for well over an hour has put me off plus I fancy a beer this time, so giving serious consideration to letting the train take the strain… not a strike day so that’s one tick.

Travelling up from Lewes it appears that Victoria, Euston and Birmingham New Street seems to be the way to go and then either Wilton or Aston… have I got that right?

Last question, is Trainline the best/cheapest way to book tickets, or am I better going to the station and see the ticket office? Looking via Trainline for one adult and two children, they are quoting c£185 for the three of us return tickets… Was expecting a bit cheaper than that and wondered if there are better booking options… any help appreciated. Cheers.

mwrpoole

Sep 10, 2010
Sevenoaks
Starting to plan our trip to Villa, previously have driven but as has been said, getting away afterwards took a long time, stationary traffic for well over an hour has put me off plus I fancy a beer this time, so giving serious consideration to letting the train take the strain… not a strike day so that’s one tick.

Travelling up from Lewes it appears that Victoria, Euston and Birmingham New Street seems to be the way to go and then either Wilton or Aston… have I got that right?

Last question, is Trainline the best/cheapest way to book tickets, or am I better going to the station and see the ticket office? Looking via Trainline for one adult and two children, they are quoting c£185 for the three of us return tickets… Was expecting a bit cheaper than that and wondered if there are better booking options… any help appreciated. Cheers.
Generally speaking, booking earlier is cheaper but if you're getting an off peak return it should be the same price on the day. Some train companies do a 'Group Save 3 for 2', which works out cheaper buying 3 adult tickets as you only pay for 2. Only condition is you all have to travel together, but you will be doing so. Not sure if Avanti do that though, SouthEastern do I know. Trainline would factor that in if they do, or at least give you the option do take the offer.

I'm getting the train to New Street & then Wilton.

Nicks

Train Split or Train Pal are worth looking at to compare prices

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
Pre-match. Is the away pub (Witton Arms) open again. It seems not via the internet. In which case is there a nearby away pub. In upper tier which is dry, boooo.
Arriving by coach and limited walking distance.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports