Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Technology] Anyone else playing Wordle?

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
Earlier in the year, when I was thinking of variations on NSC wordle competitions, I came up with an idea that we should all start a round using the same starter word, and then see how many goes it took everyone to get the solution.
Then the next day, choose another starter word and go again.
I was interested to see whether it is people's starting words, or the tactics used after the first go make the biggest difference between players.

But I assumed that people would be precious about their starters, and worried about the impact on streaks etc.

I do like that idea in theory but I would be a little worried about my average slipping (pathetic, I know :lolol:)

Badger Boy

Mr Badger
Jan 28, 2016
Wordle 905 4/6

🟨⬛🟨⬛⬛
⬛🟩⬛⬛🟨
🟩🟩🟨🟨⬛
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Wordle 906 3/6

🟨⬛⬛⬛🟨
🟩🟨⬛🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Played 632, Current & Max Streak 271, Average 4.09 (2586/632)

2023 - Played 346, Current & Max Streak 271, Average 3.99 (1379/346)

Forgot to post yesterday.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Earlier in the year, when I was thinking of variations on NSC wordle competitions, I came up with an idea that we should all start a round using the same starter word, and then see how many goes it took everyone to get the solution.
Then the next day, choose another starter word and go again.
I was interested to see whether it is people's starting words, or the tactics used after the first go make the biggest difference between players.

But I assumed that people would be precious about their starters, and worried about the impact on streaks etc.
I know of one person using the same starter word as me, unless of course they’ve changed it recently. That’s one reason I never look at this thread before playing as it would be an unfair advantage if I saw that persons go.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Wordle 906 3/6*

🟨🟨⬜🟨⬜
⬜🟩🟩🟩🟨
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

that went well…….

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
Kind of feel disappointed with a 3 tbh
Wordle 906 3/6
🟨🟨⬜⬜🟩
🟩🟨⬜🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Disappointing. No mistakes, just Bad Luck.

Wordle 906 4/6

⬜⬜⬜🟨🟨
🟨⬜🟨⬜⬜
🟨🟨⬜⬜🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

1702369951878.png

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here