Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Technology] Anyone else playing Wordle?

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
Wordle 510 3/6
⬜⬜🟨⬜🟨
🟨🟨🟨⬜🟨
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩
St 24
Av 3.71

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
GGWWW
GGGGG

First 2 for yonks.

Tallies.PNG

SeagullsoverLondon

NSC Patron
Jun 20, 2021
Wordle 509 4/6*

⬜🟨⬜⬜🟨
⬜🟨⬜⬜🟩
🟩🟩🟨🟨🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Nearly a 3, but a gimme 4.

Played 291
Streak 29
Average 3.99

Now on to my dissatisfaction with yesterday’s word. I understand that there is an unwritten rule within Wordle that they don’t use pluralised 4 letter nouns, ie by adding β€˜S’ to the end of a 4 letter word. However, they seem to be very happy to add a β€˜Y’ to make an adjective, sometimes some pretty dodgy or ropey adjectives, such as PINEY last week. I’ve just done a quick check of the solutions since I started playing and there have been 38 words ending in Y in the last 291 days.

That’s 13% of all words since the end of January that have ended in Y. Not all of these are adjectives, but the majority have been and it winds me up.

Sorry for the irrational rant, but I just needed to vent. I guess I’m just an angry, moody, picky Wordle player!
Yes, I've noticed a lot of y endings lately and started to factor that in to my guesses. I've ended up with a few 3&4s which could have been 5&6s otherwise.

As regards plural endings, Dinner with Gotsmanov posted an article a day or two ago

For info
TLDR: no es or s plural answers, but they are still in the word list dictionary so will be accepted as answers, even though they can't be right!

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Wordle 510 4/6*

⬜⬜🟨⬜🟨
🟨🟨⬜🟨⬜
⬜🟩🟩🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove