Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Technology] Anyone else playing Wordle?

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Anyone reading this thread who hasn't tackled today's word will now have little difficulty in bagging a hole in one.

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
Maybe the older ones of us remember the Roy Orbison song.

Or seen Live and Let Die.

More generally, I feel it's a word that featured more heavily in my childhood. I can't put my finger on exactly what or why, but perhaps from other films or TV shows in the 80s.

rool

Jul 10, 2003
Or seen Live and Let Die.

More generally, I feel it's a word that featured more heavily in my childhood. I can't put my finger on exactly what or why, but perhaps from other films or TV shows in the 80s.
There was a weird sort of one man play shown on TV in the 90s I think when the Edinburgh festival was on.
It was basically a monologue and was about a young scottish guy set in a dingy bedsit talking about how he was going to buy a decommissioned battle ship. This song featured heavily in it.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Tricky one today ! Thankfully my dogs Kennel Club name contains the word so I finally got it.

Wordle 344 5/6

⬜🟩⬜⬜⬜
⬜🟩⬜⬜⬜
⬜⬜🟨🟨⬜
🟩🟩⬜⬜🟨
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Avg 4.67

Streak = 44
Max = 44

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
Balls to this. Bonkers word that no non US would really know. I call out a lot of cheating on NSC today. All those who got it in 4 or less should have all scores discarded:tantrum:

I got it in 4 today, and that was because i'd eliminated all other possibilities for letters in the 2 missing spots i had left and i don't think any other word was possible).

I'd heard of the word, it's featured in a lot of US shows, films, etc over the years as well, so it's unlikely that it's unknown outside the States imo.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Blimey.

Tough FIVE.

Streak 152

Record is:
1 - 00
2 - 07
3 - 52
4 - 62
5 - 26
6 - 06
7 - 01

599/156 = 3.84

Last edited:

PeterOut

Aug 16, 2016
Wow, that was a tough one (for me) today - and there was a huge gap between 2nd and 3rd guess. Eventually had a lightbulb moment, and realised that there was only word that fitted. Phew!

Wordle 344 3/6

⬜⬜⬜🟨⬜
⬜🟩⬜⬜🟨
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Streak=158 Average=3.77

PeterOut

Aug 16, 2016
Now reading the thread (I don't until after I have posted), I am surprised / disappointed that so many people have left clues littering today's entry :shrug:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Late to the show today, been driving in La Belle France! I will update my average tomorrow, unlikely to vary much today though

Wordle 344 4/6*

⬜🟨🟨⬜⬜
🟩⬜🟨🟨⬜
🟩🟩⬜🟩⬜
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Balls to this. Bonkers word that no non US would really know. I call out a lot of cheating on NSC today. All those who got it in 4 or less should have all scores discarded:tantrum:

Harsh, I spent 15 mins trying to think of a word that would fit after go 3, pretty sure that there was only the one. Pleased I didn’t come on here first, far too many spoilers.

First rule of doing Wordle if you post averages on this thread is DON’T come on here until you’ve done it….unless you have a cheat gene :wink:

Ooh it’s a corner

Aug 28, 2016
Nr. Coventry
Wordle 344 4/6*

⬛⬛��⬛⬛
⬛��⬛⬛��
����⬛��⬛
����������

153 - 153

Have now read today’s posts - I would never cheat - there is NO POINT! I tried the word speculatively as I did know it(I’m 65) and by then I knew letters 2, 3 and 4 and could think of only one possibility.
There is no reason to read this thread before attempting Wordle UNLESS you want to gain advantage imo. Silly people!

Last edited:

SeagullsoverLondon

NSC Patron
Jun 20, 2021
Wordle 344 4/6*

[emoji834][emoji834][emoji834][emoji834]
[emoji834][emoji834][emoji834]
[emoji834][emoji834]

153 - 153

Have now read today’s posts - I would never cheat - there is NO POINT! I tried the word speculatively as I did know it(I’m 65) and by then I knew letters 2, 3 and 4 and could think of only one possibility.
There is no reason to read this thread before attempting Wordle UNLESS you want to gain advantage imo. Silly people!

If you really wanted to gain an advantage you could just bookmark one of the many sites that list all of the answers and go there every morning, but I suspect most of us would think that would be a pretty pointless and sad thing to do.
The main reason to look at the comments after you post your score is to try and see how people got to the answer and whether you could have achieved a better score yourself.
However, I think posters should be careful about spoilers

Petunia

Living the dream
NSC Patron
May 8, 2013
Downunder
Average 3.67 Streak 145

Wordle 345 3/6*

⬜🟩🟩⬜⬜
🟩🟩🟩⬜⬜
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

With the 2nd & 3rd letters in place I was very limited in my options today so a nice 3 on a not so easy word (imho)😊

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
I did it today in 5 - posted the result about 8am.

I never look at this thread before actually doing it for precisely the reason of people dropping hints etc.

It wasn’t easy, but apart from Roy Orbison references, there was a Creedence Clearwater Revival Song with it in the title - an American word, but not uncommon.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
Wordle 344 4/6*

⬛⬛🟨⬛⬛
⬛⬛🟨🟨⬛
⬛🟩⬛🟩⬛
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

157/157; 3.74

2 hours to get a single word to fit after 3rd guess. 2 bloody hours.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here