Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ann DeVecchi - Planning Application

Lewesian Seagull

Jul 13, 2003
Lewes
You wouldn't want the "pain in the ass" that was Ann DeVecchi to think that we'd forgotten about her evil ways would you?

Well, time for a bit of revenge, or at least a good laugh.

She has just submitted a planning application to install solar panels on her listed building home which also happens to be in a conservation area.

I reckon a few hundred letters of objection wouldn't go amiss!

I will never, never forget the contempt she showed Albion fans at the "open" meeting in Lewes where she refused to answer questions directly aimed at her and hid behind her paperwork :censored: :tantrum:

Let's see if we can give her a bit of a taste of her own medicine.:clap2:

-------------------------------------------------------

Lewes District Council has received a(n) Listed Building Application for Installation of eight x photo-voltaic panels in roof valley on south facing roof slope
at 47 Southover High Street, Lewes, East Sussex, BN7 1HX
from Mr T De Vecchi

The application, plans and other documents submitted can be seen at: Planning Services Offices, Southover House, Southover Road, Lewes
East Sussex BN7 1AB between the hours of 9am – 5pm on Mondays to Thursdays and 9am – 4.30pm on Fridays.

Anyone who wishes to make representations about this application should write to the Council at the above address by 8 Jan 2010

quoting application number: LW/09/1200

LINDSAY FROST
Director of Planning & Environmental Services

FOR FURTHER INFORMATION CONTACT: Mr Andrew Hill

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
f***ing bitch-definitely needs to have her application rejected or delayed for a few years. I hope we can block her plans or at the very least cost her a fortune fighting our objections.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Can someone come up with a standard letter, that just needs an address adding to, we can put stall up outside Withdean on Friday and get everyone to complete one.

Last edited:

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Can someone come up with a standard letter, that just needs an addres sadding to, we can put stall up outside Withdean on Friday and get everyone to complete one.
Excellent idea. It won't prevent it going ahead of course, but hopefully it'll cost her a lot more in time, effort and money.

Sadly, I can't be arsed to work on the letter itself so if anyone else could oblige I'd happily indulge in this exercise of SPITEFUL FUTILITY. :thumbsup:

zego

Jul 10, 2003
http://planning.lewes.gov.uk/Public...lication_detailview.aspx?caseno=KSZY2KJD00D00

Doesn't seem to have any supporting detail.

Objections have to be in before 1st Jan.

Nice timing, too! Just when most people are distracted by build-up to Christmas, and aftermath.

She wanted, at least in the past, to preserve the South Downs, but now not too interested in preserving listed buildings, not even bothered to put up an argument why it should be defaced.

Perhaps just a test case, to flush out the opposition?

Last edited:

essbee

Jan 5, 2005
bounce - I'm not a spiteful person as a rule - but this is different!

I'd send a letter in.....

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
How listed is the building a google search shows mixed responses from councils on installing solar panels on listed buildings:

In England, changes to permitted development rights for micro generation technologies introduced on 6th April 2008 have lifted the requirements for planning permission for most solar hot water heating installations. Roof mounted and stand-alone solar hot water heating systems can now be installed in most dwellings, as long as they respect certain size criteria. Exceptions apply for Listed Buildings, and buildings in Conservation Areas and World Heritage Sites.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
I might have just "submitted comments" by clicking on the relevent link;

I would like to object to this application on the following grounds

1. The whole area around Lewes is an area of outstanding natural beauty, furthermore this building is in a conservation area, therefore it is wholly inappropriate to put up such unsightly panels which will cause a negative visual impact.
2. The site is within the boundary of the South Downs National Park, surely this is not a suitable location for such an eyesore as photovoltaic panels.
3. This is a listed building; photovoltaic panels would be totally out of place on such a building. The heritage of the great town of Lewes is at risk if permission is granted to install these items.

I respectfully request that you decline this application. Thank you for considering my comments.

PublicAccess @ Lewes District Council: Application Details (LW/09/1200)

Last edited:

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
Is the propety in question the 47 Southover High Street, Lewes

It states their are 8 considerations in allowing permission

1 South Downs National Park National Park Proposed South Downs National Park
2 Listed Building - Grade 2 Listed Buildings Constraints Property(s) are a Grade 2 Listed Building
3 County Archaeologist Advice SLAI Boundary County Archaeologist Advice
4 South Downs (Lewes) Aquifer Protection Zone Aquifer Protection Zones AQPRZO/002: South Downs (Lewes) Aquifer Protection Zone
5 LDC - Lewes Conservation Order, Lewes 1995. Article Four Direction Lewes District Council - Lewes Conservation Order, Lewes 1995. Restrictions to Development under Article 3 of T & C P General Permitted Development Order 1995.
6 LEWES CONSERVATION AREA Conservation Area Lewes CA: 62.92 Hectares: Extended 25/04/1979, 21/06/1989, 24/01/1990, 17/06/1992, 21/10/1992, 20/01/1993, 11/11/1996: Varied 05/08/1996
7 Lewes Local Plan - Planning Boundary Local Plan Planning Boundary Lewes Local Plan - Planning Boundary:
8 Lewes Local Plan - Greencore Boundary Local Plan Greencore Boundary Lewes Local Plan - Greencore Boundary: LW11

Would be a travesty to allow the destruction of such a historic area to be ruined by solar panels on a roof. Keep Lewes old and in its historical state, I say.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Try this...

Dear Sir/Madam

I wish to object to Planning Application LW/09/1200.

While I understand, and indeed applaud, the well-meaning green nature of the application, it is located within a conservation area, and the South Down National Park, neither of which area is noted for its abundance of naturally occurring black glass.

If applicant wishes to consume re-newable energy, might I suggest harnessing the excess of hot air emanating from said dwelling.

Yours etc.

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
Maybe respondents could suggest more approapriate 'green' technologies, such as ground source heating, which will not harm the visual impact on this outstanding area of natural beauty.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here