Advice or help wanted

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

GatwickEmployee

Aug 30, 2008
Horley, Surrey
Have been lucky enough to have the mother - in - law stay with us this week as she has come to see her pregnant daughter before christmas as she lives in Malta.. Got to Friday and she was due to fly back from Luton with Ryanair at 4pm.. I checked online to make sure the plane was going and was told to contact airline, which i did. I phoned Ryanair and basically was told for any weather related information to check online as the most up to date information would be on the Website. So i checked Ryanair's website and they say the flight is ontime.. So we set off for Luton stopping at Pease Pottage where i check the Ryanair website on my phone one last time, and it is still saying that the is flight leaving on time..

2 Hours later we arrive in Luton where it has started snowing again!!!

Walk into the departures lounge and check the board and there is no information on the board so we go to find the Ryanair check in desk at which point we are told that all Ryanair flights are cancelled.. :censored:

No Ryanair staff to be seen anywhere, they appear to have vanished in to thin air.. Just check in staff who work for the airport. probably all agency :shrug:

So i call Ryanair and obviously they are experiencing a high volume of calls at present and will answer my call as soon as possible!! :bla:

I checked to make sure that all Ryanair flights were definitley cancelled and decided to bring the mother in law back home with me..

I arrive home doing a total of 240 Miles in poor driving conditions.

So.. What are the chances of me claiming any sort of compensation from Ryanair due to the incapabaility to update a website or feed any information to there customers or do i contact the CAA??

Any help or advive gratefully received...

Many Thanks

Philzo-93

Jan 17, 2009
North Stand
Could take them to court for falsely information towards a potential customer in the requirement to help consume the service they are providing?

Of course it'll cost you more than you'll gain :lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports