Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Accident - Chalky Road, Mile Oak

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
Road safety should be taught by parents. Sadly, these days, parents will make a fuss (and rightly so ) about peado's but the risk of an RTA is much, much greater.

On a daily basis you can see parents dragging kids out into the centre of busy roads when there are safe crossing points within easy distance.

As a bus user, I've often seen people, especially youngsters, get off a bus and cross right infront of it. not only are they very low down as regards the drivers position but they also step out right infront of overtaking cars.

Lady Buck

No Refunds Given
May 16, 2007
The amount of times the little chavs from there run accross the road in front of cars is shocking.

If what has happened what I think has happened, then I feel sorry for the driver.

he was a NINE year old little boy who is critical in hospital and your calling him some little chav? it would be best to get grip of the facts before you pass coments, i used to live on chalky road and my children crossed it most days in the right way and it didn't make it any safer to cross

see below;

doesn't look good :

Quote:
A YOUNG boy is fighting for his life after he was run over in the street.

The nine-year-old was airlifted to hospital in London after the accident in Chalky Road, Portslade, at about 10.30am today.

He is believed to have been getting off a number one bus outside Portslade Community College with his mother when the accident happened.

Both the Sussex Police and Ambulance Helicopter and the Sussex Air Ambulance landed in the college grounds to help treat the boy.

He was taken to Royal London Hospital for emergency treatment. His condition has been described as critical.

The road was closed while police investigated the collision.

Sussex Police are appealing for any witnesses to contact them on 0845 6070999 quoting Operation Southwood.
(

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Road safety should be taught by parents. Sadly, these days, parents will make a fuss (and rightly so ) about peado's but the risk of an RTA is much, much greater.

On a daily basis you can see parents dragging kids out into the centre of busy roads when there are safe crossing points within easy distance.

As a bus user, I've often seen people, especially youngsters, get off a bus and cross right infront of it. not only are they very low down as regards the drivers position but they also step out right infront of overtaking cars.

'Twas always the way though, I think. Kids are kids. Far too busy to worry about stuff rather than worry about the Green Cross Code.

Only difference is that the roads are twice as busy and cars are much more powerful.

Jul 5, 2003
Chertsey
he was a NINE year old little boy who is critical in hospital and your calling him some little chav? it would be best to get grip of the facts before you pass coments, i used to live on chalky road and my children crossed it most days in the right way and it didn't make it any safer to cross

Mate, I've lived in Mile oak all my life, and used to go to school at PCC (unfortunately). It's a pretty educated guess.

It's never safe to cross on that road, no - infact it's probably less safe now they put those islands in - but it does work both ways.

As I say, I feel sorry for the kid, but it was an accident waiting to happen - bet that's little comfort for the family though.

Jul 5, 2003
Chertsey
I very much doubt it would be, You have to have been in that situation to realise that some things are best left unsaid.

Why do you presume I haven't?

A very good friend of mine was in intensive care for a week having broken many of the bones in his body after being knocked down by a driver.

I have seen kids get knocked down here and in Mile oak - and i've seen it where chavs have run in front of the cars without looking, and where drivers have driven too fast in equal quantities.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Dunno that "chav" is a suitable description of a 9 year old who'd just got off the bus with his mum though. This just sounds horrifying, it somehow feels worse for the fact that I know the area so well.

Hope the poor little fella pulls through.

Jul 5, 2003
Chertsey
Dunno that "chav" is a suitable description of a 9 year old who'd just got off the bus with his mum though. This just sounds horrifying, it somehow feels worse for the fact that I know the area so well.

Hope the poor little fella pulls through.

Fair enough.

I don't hink anyone wishes for him to die here.

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
Why do you presume I haven't?

A very good friend of mine was in intensive care for a week having broken many of the bones in his body after being knocked down by a driver.

I have seen kids get knocked down here and in Mile oak - and i've seen it where chavs have run in front of the cars without looking, and where drivers have driven too fast in equal quantities.

Why do you keep refering to kids as chavs?

Jul 5, 2003
Chertsey
So I suppose if a kid got knocked down in a posher area it would be different then?

Stop being so bloody pedantic!!

What I was saying was that a lot of chavs in the area (and there are a lot of them - I take it you're not familiar to the area) do play chicken in that road. Of course there are children in that area (I certainly wasn't a chav!)

steward 433

Back and better
Nov 4, 2007
Brighton
Lancing but whats that got to do with it?

I grew up in Lancing from age 2 to age 17 when i joined the army

My G/F from 13 through to 16 lived in Mile Oak

The poor kid probably was a chav (if you know what a chav means?)

Piss poor area made worse by the very inept council that ruled in the late 80s early 90s and has NEVER got any better

I have the misfortune of dealing with the great british unwashed council tenants every day at work

Jul 5, 2003
Chertsey
I grew up in Lancing from age 2 to age 17 when i joined the army

My G/F from 13 through to 16 lived in Mile Oak

The poor kid probably was a chav (if you know what a chav means?)

Piss poor area made worse by the very inept council that ruled in the late 80s early 90s and has NEVER got any better

I have the misfortune of dealing with the great british unwashed council tenants every day at work

In mile oak's defence - parts of it are really nice (like where i live!) - there's just a nasty council estate up on fox way that has made house prices around there plummet.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Oy! Can everyone please stop referring to a poor kid who's lying in a hospital bed fighting for his life as a "chav".

He's someone's son. Sheesh!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here