Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

A bit cheeky or not?

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
More than a bit cheeky. Bang out of order I'd say.

Weretheweststand

Unregistered User
Aug 23, 2011
Hailsham
It's an absolutley pisstake, i brought my shirt earlier so I can't get it signed? I'm going anyway and if they say no im going to have a go at them for it

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Yeah a right pi$$ take.
Just like not allowing private rancid burger vans outside the ground.

Now you can't even bring some old tat in to have your hero sign.

Where's Ernest's ARS.

Surrey_Albion

Jan 17, 2011
Horley
If a few hundred people turned up all wanting something signed, you got to front of queue and brought something but then couldnt get it signed because all the kids on school hols where getting older brought stuff signed you would be a bit pissed off wouldnt you, its understandable and reasonable idea in my opinion

kano

Jun 17, 2011
Nothing like a good old fashioned money-grab to build a good relationship with the fans.

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
This is pretty normal at signing events. In fact, I'm surprised the club have allowed otherwise for so long.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Seems normal to me. Ever been to a book signing? They will only allow you to get something signed, if you buy it in the book shop. I.e their book.

Still, won't stop the moaners around here.

Willy Dangle

Aug 31, 2011
Gonna buy a pack of mints and get them individually signed.

Jack Daniels

Aug 25, 2011
Buggers Hole
If a few hundred people turned up all wanting something signed, you got to front of queue and brought something but then couldnt get it signed because all the kids on school hols where getting older brought stuff signed you would be a bit pissed off wouldnt you, its understandable and reasonable idea in my opinion

Sorry to say it but... This. If we were still at withdean and the new signings were whing and frutos. No doubt the 20 people that turned up would all be accommodated. As said above how pissed would you be to go and get your new shirt with name and not be able to get it signed. Especially if your stood behind people with non Brighton related merch. Can't see another way to keep it fair. Another consequence of getting bigger and getting better players.

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
Seems normal to me. Ever been to a book signing? They will only allow you to get something signed, if you buy it in the book shop. I.e their book.

Well I've been to a few book signings & on each occasion I brought the book along to be signed with me (as I'd already purchased it). It's never been a problem getting a scribble from the author on it, so why should our football club start behaving like money-grabbing muppets? Like many others I've bought plenty of Albion-related tat from the club shop (including recently), so why on Earth would I want to purchase the same things again on a particular day in order to have it signed? No doubt you & others will disagree with me, but I think it's a bloody rip-off. So there.

Tomalbion

Sep 7, 2011
What I wanted to know, is it only the B.O.G.O.F merch? Or for instance, if we were to buy something in store like a football, would we be able to get that signed...?

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton

And what about if you'd purchased something about TWO days previously?

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton

Bit different isn't it, because that is a signing based around a specific product.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here