Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] 5 Players

Mike Small

Dec 26, 2008
Agreed. But hand on heart are you really expecting that number of 1st team ready players being signed?

It's just not Tony's way.
I doubt it too but lets see who the new manager is. We have got some funds this summer which seems to be needed when you look at our squad.

Jeremiah

God is great
Mar 15, 2020
Hove
Its all a bit worrying really - it's clear that about 4 of the players that played today are not good enough . If injuries don't clear up or strike again then a lower league position is on the cards. We really need to splash the cash or come up with a few unheard of gems.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Just checked out our centre midfield over some of the awful 45’ or 90’ performances. Players selected for a true CM role each time were as follows:

Villa away - Gilmour, Hinshelwood
Luton away - Gilmour, Gross
Wolves home (rubbish second half) - Gilmour, Gross, Milner
Fulham away - Baleba, JPVH
Bmuff away - Gilmour, Gross

On each occasion facing three or two centre midielders with some pace, power.

Patently obvious where much of this season’s failings stems from imho, they’re not proper PL centre midfields.

Comrade Sam

Comrade Sam
Jan 31, 2013
Walthamstow
We have a lot of gifted children learning their trade. A few solid signings and a full pre season with a new boss, we'll start next season far stronger than the last 4 months.

raymondo

Apr 26, 2017
Wiltshire
Just checked out our centre midfield over some of the awful 45’ or 90’ performances. Players selected for a true CM role each time were as follows:

Villa away - Gilmour, Hinshelwood
Luton away - Gilmour, Gross
Wolves home (rubbish second half) - Gilmour, Gross, Milner
Fulham away - Baleba, JPVH
Bmuff away - Gilmour, Gross

On each occasion facing three or two centre midielders with some pace, power.

Patently obvious where much of this season’s failings stems from imho, they’re not proper PL centre midfields.
Agreed. To get the best out of Gilmour (and I think he can be effective) he needs to play alongside two strong, fast, aggressive CMs to allow him space to play.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
Agreed. But hand on heart are you really expecting that number of 1st team ready players being signed?

It's just not Tony's way.
That’s just not true though. Last summer we signed 7 first teamers (Fati, Dahoud, Milner, Joao Pedro, Baleba, Igor, Verbruggen).

It’s one of the reasons why I feel any criticism of Bloom and Barber is unfair. We did spend and bring in players last summer but some haven’t worked out and I don’t think the manager should get away with that scot free - especially when he really wanted three of them and two of those have proven to be a total disaster.

We’ve already signed Osman so if we do need those six positions, that’s only five more.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Last year we had the chance to recruit from a position of strength.

This year much less so. We finished below Palace.

But given we'll lose several first team members .... I reckon we need about 7 first team signings. Of those, I reckon only 1 or 2 as the young prospect types, so that's 5 who are aged 22 to 28. I reckon that gives us a chance of stopping us slipping further towards the lower reaches.

It will be very expensive.

And that assumes we don't lose any big names, Mitoma, Pedro etc ... which I was confident about before, much less now

You think Roberto would have left if that was the plan?

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
We need a right back, centre back, 2 centre midfielders, a winger and a forward minimum imo.
I think we can get away without grabbing another forward personally because Osman can play there. He’ll surely be our 4th choice if Undav does not return.

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
We have not replaced what we lost in midfield.... no one in our team are in the Caicedo / Bissouma mould.... maybe Baleba will be but need 2-3 more year. I love Gilmour but he's nto strong enough to be a Caicedo / Bissouma. Our style requires a wrecker. I know I'm biased and I know FM is not reality but I have always converted Moder into a DMC and he has been immense. He can dish it about and he's strong.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here