Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

2007 Best Gig

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
Ha ha. Brilliant!

Reality check: I live in a great home with an amazing wife. You live with Nibble.

That is quite the reality check. I have learnt a harsh lesson.:(

Mind you, technically there is no proof for your claims about yourself and lets be honest it's kind of subjective if you have a great home and an amazing wife. For all we know you like council flats and munters.

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
Ouch!! Fair play - he's got you there Les (and I bet Nibble is a bit tasty with his fists if you don't clean up after you)

He keeps a very tight ship. My bed time is carefully regulated.

B.M.F

Aug 2, 2003
wherever the money is
Candlebox @ St Janis Landing was the best for me. Maybe because I proposed to my fiancée on stage during the show :)

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
Bruce Springsteen last night at the O2 Arena, 19years I waited and was not disappointed, truly incredible.

Much The Same, Feb in Tunbridge Wells, played to about 10 people and that did'nt stop them hammering out quality fast Punk.

Anti-Flag already booked for next year...and hopefully another Bruce date if I can quickly get the funds!

tinx

Jul 6, 2003
Horsham Town
The Killers at the Brighton Centre wins it this year.

Next year will be The Foos at Wembley without a shadow of a doubt. Nothing else will come close.

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
Best: Kasabian @ Somerset House

Bugger, I got pissed and didn't bother, the pub was more appealing at the time.

Best for me were SLF at the concorde the night before the last game of last season. f***ing AWESOME.

Other highlights

Twang Reading Festival
Happy Mondays Northampton
Speed Circus Islington
Ian Brown Brixton

e77

May 23, 2004
Worthing
Arcade Fire at Alexandra Palace was this year's champion with an honourable mention to The View at the Concorde.

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
STALKER ALERT!

I was gonna say those 2 gigs. Especially seeing as you had a seabass in your pocket when you got on stage and hugged Mark E Smith AND Suicide supported Nick Cave (the one true God) at the Forum.

Mention in dispatches to Asobi Seksu at Pressure Point, Groove Armada at Brighton
Centre and Inspiral Carpets at the Concorde.

Oh and KRS 1 was awesome there too.

Hang on, can I also mention Art Brut who yours and my mate Phil (the Reading fan) introduced me to)?

saw Asobi Seksu supporting Dean & Britta at The Sussex arts club (their Uk debut no less) and at The Barfly, supported by the excellent 'Scanners' didn't know they played The Pressure Point as well

Forgot to mention The Cardiacs supported by God Damn Whores at the Old Market - that was jolly good as well

Juan Albion

Chicken Sniffer 3rd Class
Don't really believe in 'best gigs' as there are too many great gigs to pick just one. So my answer would be an optimistic 'the next one.' Which in this case means another charity gig next week with Canadian leg-ends Billy Talent with City and Colour and the soon-to-be leg-ends the St Alvia Cartel.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
God. Let me think. Here goes:

The Good The Bad The Queen - York Hall, Bethnal Green
The Super Furry Animals - Knaack Club, Berlin.
Tiefschwartz - Week12end, Berlin.
Glastonbury as a whole
Gallows, Zap or whatever it was called earlier this year, Brighton.
Stones, Hamburg.
Klaxons, 3 times in Brighton, Glasto and Berlin. The first time I dont remember much, the second time I dont think they remember much and the 3rd time we all had a great time.

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
Best would definately be Above & Beyond; Kellys, Portrush

Runners up:
Paul van Dyk; Shane's Castle, Antrim
John O'Callaghan; Tivoli Theatre
Ferry Corsten, Shane's Castle

May have to revise this as I'm seeing Armin van Buuren in the Kings Hall and Mauro Picotto in Tripod before the years out.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Oh yeah MYOB, I forgot to update you on PVD. I went to his Berlin Vandit show last Saturday. He was on at 3, I got there at about 2 to catch some of Austin Leeds who was impressive. PVD started off really well with that Time of Our Lives track and the first half hour was cracking......but then the beats got harder and a bit relentless and I got a bit fed up so me and my mates hacked it down to Berghain/Panorama Bar. I wasnt overly impressed with PVD BUT I think it was more down to me not being in the mood. The venue was great and sold out and everyone was going mad for him including my friends.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here