Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brighton looking to loan...

Lord Large

Keeping the faith
Aug 6, 2008
Out on the floor
...Kevin Kyle.

No longer wanted at Coventry City. I have heard we are looking at him, although Leyton Orient are favourites to land him on loan.

And no, I am not going to name my source.

Would be a decent loan signing.

Lord Large

Keeping the faith
Aug 6, 2008
Out on the floor
I also heard we are set to pay Kerry Mayo off and release him before Christmas and that Nottingham Forest have been hardly shy in declaring their admiration for Joel Lynch...

BUTTERBALL

East Stand Brighton Boyz
Jul 31, 2003
location location
From Wikipedia:

Kyle joined Coventry City on August 25, 2006 for £600,000,[2] but only went on to score 3 goals during the campaign.

During the 2007/08 season, he was sent off twice and became a subject of abuse from the majority of the Coventry City support due to his relatively poor football abillities and reported £8k a week wages which is a figure many find hard to justify for a club in finacial trouble. At the end of the 2007/2008 season Kevin Kyle was voted as the winner of the "As useful as Julian Derby/David Rennie" award by the fans. He was subsequently loaned out to Wolverhampton Wanderers for the rest of the season in the January transfer window, where he linked up with his former Sunderland manager Mick McCarthy. Mick McCarthy was expected to make the signing permanent as he had previously some how got the best out of Kyle where he scored a goal almost every 9 games, but Kyle was deemed not good enough.

Kyle has recently been told that his services at Coventry are no longer required, with Leyton Orient and Brighton and Hove Albion reportedly leading the chase for his signature.

:ohmy:

bigc

Jul 5, 2003
I'm worried that the best out of him is described as a goal every 9 games!

I'm sure us and the O's being interested in him has simply been added to the wikipedia page by this thread starter or someone else who passed the info on to him.

bright1064

Dec 21, 2007
Brighton
I don't like the sound of this if true. I've heard a bit about him, and I've not really heard much to suggest he is worth our while.

Cullip4

Oct 4, 2003
Brighton
Think he would be on big money, I would rather we stole the Horse from Walsall

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
We intend to continue bypassing the midfield completely rather than attempt to improve it then.

johnny jigsaw

"My life's in pieces"
Also from Wikipedia, and far more interesting than all that goals malarkey:

During a trip with the Scotland Under 21 side, he destroyed his hotel room.[3] The incident prompted manager Craig Brown refuse to select him again during his tenure.

In the early hours of October 8, 2006, Kyle was arrested in Stranraer after a brawl. On March 12, 2007, he was convicted of two breaches of the peace in relation to the arrest,[4] and sentenced to 120 hours' community service on April 3, 2007.[5] A month earlier, Kyle had received a six month driving ban in relation to charges of driving without due care and attention on the A75 near Newton Stewart on September 1, 2006.[6]

In 2006 Kyle received the dubious nickname of "Scaldin' Balls" from the Daily Mirror, a parody of David Beckham's "golden balls" nickname, after Kyle missed one of Sunderland's matches after scalding his testicles with boiling water whilst feeding his young son.[7]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kevin_Kyle

Don Tmatter

Jul 7, 2003
dont matter
You couldn't make it up about Mayo. How many other clubs release a player then take him back on, then 2 months into the season pay up the remaining 9 months of his contract?
Joke of a club:mad:

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
I do wish we could make a seriously decent loan signing. Someone in the mould of McShane, someone who we would be totally gobsmacked by. It happened in the past, comon Micky, find us a real gem.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I do wish we could make a seriously decent loan signing. Someone in the mould of McShane, someone who we would be totally gobsmacked by. It happened in the past, comon Micky, find us a real gem.

It has indeed happened, I mean, I was totally gobsmacked when we gave Hart and Mayo new contracts.
:p

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here