Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Half cut at job interview. Do I or don't I?

Bluejuice

Lazy as a rug on Valium
Sep 2, 2004
The free state of Kemp Town
So after signing on this morning I realised I had nothing else to do all day but look for work, and I'm fed up of that so I nipped into Kemptown's finest boozer to sink a few ales.

After five and a half pints of Sussex Old I got a call from a prospective employer asking me some questions about a job I recently applied for and really fancy. Despite seemingly slurring all my responses the chap asked me in for an interview later this afternoon and without thinking it through I agreed.

The problem I now face is going to this interview having had enough beer to make me tipsy. I admit I'm a lightweight but the fact remains I am certainly not sober. BUT by the same token I obviously impressed this guy enough over the phone for him to want me to come in for the interview and I was pissed then so perhaps it helps a little?

I'm not staggering about cursing just yet, but I'm conscious of the fact I'm probably slurring my words and stink of booze.

Quick shower and a coffee, will I be good to go, or would I be safest to rearrange the interview for a later date?

Robot Chicken

Seriously?
Jul 5, 2003
Chicken World
Give yourself as much chance as possible to get the job, so reschedule. But having just agreed to this afternoon you are left with letting him down before you've even got the job.

Toughy. You should reschedule but make the excuse damned convincing...:drink:

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
no GO! get a shower and sleep if possible mate..go for it

Bluejuice

Lazy as a rug on Valium
Sep 2, 2004
No time for a nap sadly.

Off to shower now, then it's cup of coffee and off.

Reckon it might be a bit late to reschedule now, unless the excuse is REALLY good. Any ideas?

Starry

Captain Of The Crew
Oct 10, 2004
I'd go.

It's going to look pretty poor if you call him back within a couple hours and ask to rearrange - even with the most convincing excuse.

Have a shower, drink some coffee and chew some gum on the way there and you are good to go.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
I couldn't give a f*** about the interview mate but what, in your humble opinion, is Kemp Town's finest boozer?

Can I trust you were in the Barley Mow?

tedebear

Legal Alien
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
Bluejuice said:
No time for a nap sadly.

Off to shower now, then it's cup of coffee and off.

Reckon it might be a bit late to reschedule now, unless the excuse is REALLY good. Any ideas?

no excuses just a mouth full of polo's!!

Bluejuice

Lazy as a rug on Valium
Sep 2, 2004
ChapmansThe Saviour said:
I couldn't give a f*** about the interview mate but what, in your humble opinion, is Kemp Town's finest boozer?

Can I trust you were in the Barley Mow?

The Mow is a fine establishment but I'm afraid when it comes to the king of Kemptown it has to be The Ranelagh. I'd live in that place if I had the money.

Why am I still here chatting to you oiks?

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Bluejuice said:
Your mum died.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Benny Zamora said:
I went for a job interview after approximately 11 shots of Mount Gay

Don't they advise against sex just before going for a job interview?

definate "TAXI!"
:jester:

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
You could say you'd been to a funeral (no-one too close, so you don't have to sustain the lie if you get the job - an old family friend will do) this morning, so apologise if you're not on top form.

Chap should then sympathise and say he's sorry to have to called you in in that case.

You come back with some reply about it not being a problem, in fact it rescues you from being gloomy down the pub with everyone else from the funeral.

Then, without ever saying it, you've implied you may have had a drink. But in a context which is forgivable.

Last edited:

Bluejuice

Lazy as a rug on Valium
Sep 2, 2004
Great idea! Cheers.

Right, no time for coffee so I'm just gonna grab a handful of Nescafe and munch it on the bus.

Wish me luck NSC!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here