Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] The Championship 2023/24

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
So Birmingham sack Eustace when they are sixth. Eustace goes to Blackburn and keeps them up on the last day of the season, as Birmingham are relegated.

Bloody marvellous!

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Is it just me - but given the squad and loanees Hull had and position they were in, not getting play offs is a bit of a failure

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Watching Huddersfield drop into League One after being relegated at the end of their second season while we just about survived

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
No sign of Connolly in the squad for a while - injured? I don't think Furlong's played a single minute for them since they signed him.
I think he has had some injuries. Was still their top scorer in Feb I think

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
No sign of Connolly in the squad for a while - injured? I don't think Furlong's played a single minute for them since they signed him.
Furlong is out injured. He was on the bench for them a lot at the start of the season. Eventually made his first appearance in the Fa Cup 3rd Round replay when they lost to Birmingham. He got an assist for the Hull goal.

He picked up a knee ligament injury early in that match and hasn’t played since. Article below says he didn’t realise how serious it was when he did it.

AlexBH

Nov 19, 2017
Good to see a club that hasn’t been in the top flight for a while come up. Well done to Ipswich. Leicester- well they had to go up with the cost of their squad and the parachute payments. Birmingham paid the paid for the Rooney experiment.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Good to see a club that hasn’t been in the top flight for a while come up. Well done to Ipswich. Leicester- well they had to go up with the cost of their squad and the parachute payments. Birmingham paid the paid for the Rooney experiment.
It's easily missed that Blackburn Rovers at one stage today were seen as a potential lifeline for Birmingham.

The Birmingham who sacked John Eustace earlier in the season.

Who went to manage Blackburn Rovers.

:ROFLMAO:

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Furlong is out injured. He was on the bench for them a lot at the start of the season. Eventually made his first appearance in the Fa Cup 3rd Round replay when they lost to Birmingham. He got an assist for the Hull goal.

He picked up a knee ligament injury early in that match and hasn’t played since. Article below says he didn’t realise how serious it was when he did it.

Top googling Joey - I couldn't find anything like this when I tried!

Article not that good though -

"Hull City signed James Furlong on-loan from Brighton last summer, fending off interest from Polish giants Legia Warsaw, who wanted to buy him."

He was never on-loan at Hull - released by Brighton and signed up by them. I don't think any fee was involved, unless there was a development fee. I didn't know he'd actually played a game for them though.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
When you're third from bottom and a win should be enough...

Screenshot 2024-05-04 233414.png

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ

"Hull City signed James Furlong on-loan from Brighton last summer, fending off interest from Polish giants Legia Warsaw, who wanted to buy him."

He was never on-loan at Hull - released by Brighton and signed up by them. I don't think any fee was involved, unless there was a development fee. I didn't know he'd actually played a game for them though.
Well, you did....but you obviously forgot....

GT49erIsForgetful.jpg

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here