Suggestions Please

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Okay, so you've worked in the same office for 15 years. You've finally been caught by the redundancy monster. You know loads of people in the building who you've worked with over the years.

What do you do for a leaving do ?

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Get very drunk and tell your boss that he/she is a piece of shit. Worked for me !

Sonic

Spiky little bugger!
Jul 6, 2003
Patcham
Hire a party riverboat on the Thames and have a huge piss-up.
Get a cheap hotel and crash in London for the night. There are good links to cheap hotel offers through the Easyjet website.

Van der Gully

Jul 10, 2003
Brunssum, NL
Pasty - that depends totally upon what you think of your fellow employees.

It is polite to invite everyone you have worked with to your leaving doo, regardless of whether you liked them or not.

You could try the tactic that I used when leaving my last job, went for lunch with my section and then on to a bar where we met everyone else from the office. At around 10 Pm I legged it with my mates to a bar on the other side of town without telling the rest of the party where we were going, safe in the knowlege that we wouldn't be followed.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
bhaexpress said:
Get very drunk and tell your boss that he/she is a piece of shit. Worked for me !

Would love to, but I like my boss, and he's a fellow season ticket holding Albion fan.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports