So who we gonna sign now???

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

nutter

Jul 6, 2003
Brighton
:nono: I'm kinda pissed off that we haven't got any new signings yet.I mean we've missed out on Cureton to a f***ing South Korean team,Robinson to a welsh team(don't want to talk about it) and it seems we've got a guy from non-league training with us???
Rougier is sounding like a good option!!!Who are we going to get.GUNTER surely you can help me on this one.Talk to Simon.:drink:

chez

Johnny Byrne-The Greatest
Jul 5, 2003
Wherever The Mood Takes Me
I dont think we should be condemning this carl whatever his name is before we've actually seen him, I mean he's got to start somewhere. He's only 20 y/o so he might be a gem thats yet to be discovered (hoping beyond hope), playing non league footy when your 18 which is what he must have been would have been pretty daunting and not easy at all. What Im trying to say is that he might be a good player who knows what a year in the irish league has done for him - does anyone know how he done in Ireland? Lets give the guy a chance, yeah we wouold have loved it if we had signed Cureton, Robinson, Armstrong, Davies etc. but lets face it, if the beasant story is correct and were offering him 500 the people above with their reputation & quality are gonna want a hell of a lot more.

KEEP THE FAITH. :smokin:

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
I don't think we need anyone either.

Except Brooker, we've already got a squad that can compete for promotion next season.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
The squad is not so bad, but we do just need a striker or two. That and some back-up for Kuipers is where we are looking particularly thin.

I'm surprised that we haven't picked up Rougier yet.

Midfield and defense look okay to me.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
ok, yeah. agree with you on the striker front. I thought Big Dave had stayed on as back up keeper.

Beefy

Jul 5, 2003
bed
We've only got one recognised striker on the books though(not including youngsters) so we need at least 2 new players.

rool

Jul 10, 2003
The only position I am seriously worried about is the goalkeepers. I reckon the squad has better quality and experience than the last time we were there and I believe we had one of the smallest squads then too. We have lost brooker but this season maybe the time to give a more regular place to the youngsters who were thrown in last season, and we never really had Kitson for many games anyway so are we any worse off up front?. I think we have a good defence for div2 and we might even have one of the best midfields that will score goals at that level.

Re the GK position, FDM now has a recurring injury problem that may or may not be resolved and he may not even make the start of the season. DB may not even sign and we have let will packham go. Potentially, subject to loanees, we may not have a first choice goalkeeper. That worries me more than anything

rool

Jul 10, 2003
I bet Kevin keehan earns more than £500 a week and I know who and what I'd prefer, a succesful team will bring more money into the club than a washed out insurance salesman.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Need a striker or two, left-winger and, possibly, a replacement for Big Dave... assuming Dean Blackwell stays...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports