Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

richie barker

barker's_babe

Jul 14, 2003
Rotherham
Hiya!!!!

Does any1 remember Richie Barker playin 4 brighton??

He is now @ my club & i wanted 2 know wat u think of him cos he's my fave plyr!!!!!

Thanx

Luv

Katie

XoXoX

:wave: :angel: :clap: :clap2: :) :jester:

bigc

Jul 5, 2003
is that all you rotherham fans ask?
after a slow start he did ok, how many games before he scored in his first season?
15?

Grizz

Jul 5, 2003
Anyone remember the 3-1 (i think that was the score) away win at Shrewsbury when Harty and The Bear ripped 'em apart? Brilliant day out, a complete performance by the team and good bear afterwards with the Shrewsbury fans.

Love those kinda away game trips :)

Tony Le Mesmer

Jul 5, 2003
South Wales
Grizz said:
Anyone remember the 3-1 (i think that was the score) away win at Shrewsbury when Harty and The Bear ripped 'em apart? Brilliant day out, a complete performance by the team and good bear afterwards with the Shrewsbury fans.

Top banana of an away game.

Great performance, with Rod Thomas skinning them down the flanks, Minton majestic in the middle of the park and Hart & the Bear a partnership to be feared in attack.

Heard Gary Hart song for the first time at that game. Remember leaving the ground thinking we've got a good chance of going up...........Til Horton left...the fucker.:mad:

barker's_babe

Jul 14, 2003
Rotherham
hey
he's a legend @ millmoor cos he scored @ pigsborough in the 90th minute 2 get us the 3 points!!!! :clap2:

Paddy B

Jul 5, 2003
Horsham
Err havent we done this one with another millers babe

but in answer to your question absoulute shit first season but almost a legend second

great respect for the bloke moved back to your town cause his dad was ill - pleased to see him do well

Beefy

Jul 5, 2003
bed
Grizz said:

Yes!Quality game and before the game we saw Jeff Wood and he gave me and a couple of mates free tickets.

Plus it completed a record sequence of away wins.

As for the Bear he was quality after an indifferent first season but if he stayed we might never of signed Zamora.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Talked to a freind of the Bears wife a couple of years age, said he and all the players hated every minute of playing at Gillingham, he admitted he turned out simply for the money, couldn't understand why 2-3 thousand turned out to see them every weeek.

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
He was fat and rubbish when he started for us but soon turned it around, never forget his goal at Peterboro away at Christmas when Rod Thomas murdered em down the wing and put a beaut of a cros right in front of the Bear who put it in the net in front of a packed away end.

marvellous scenes.

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
Albion Dan .............. his favourite goal for the Albion as well. He came and watched us away one evening Mansfield and stood with the Albion faithful. Where Rod Thomas having fought his way back into the team, fought his way out of it.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Barker was a funny one for me.

Started slowly, and after the endless stream of cack we had playing for us at Priestfield, I was at the end of my patience. He scored a couple on the last game of the season, and yet I was still not impressed.

Second season opened up with me giving merciliess stick to the fella. I remember taking in the opening away trip of the season - cant remember where - and getting into a debate with a fella Piers (who never misses a game, ever!) about Barker.

Piers was convinced he was a good asset, I was just scathing. He had a pretty good game, and got better and better through the season. I was soon converted, and was gutted when he left.

I remember a very wet Friday night at Cambridge (was it Rod Thomas's debut?) where we won 3-2. The Bear charged into the area and won a penalty right in front of us, and got up and gave a big fist-celebration, with a massive grin. The penalty was duly tucked away, and we won. Barker went on to become a bit of a star for me.

Left in the summer when his father (I think) was taken ill and he wanted to be nearer his family.

Good player, full of heart, runs all day for you, a real trier. Top fella! Give him a cheer for me "Barkers_babe".

:clap: :clap: :clap:

Grizz

Jul 5, 2003
Albion Dan said:
He was fat and rubbish when he started for us but soon turned it around, never forget his goal at Peterboro away at Christmas when Rod Thomas murdered em down the wing and put a beaut of a cros right in front of the Bear who put it in the net in front of a packed away end.

marvellous scenes.

I get tingles up my spine just remembering that goal, that atmosphere and the celebrations. Superb day out! lets hope its a joyous occassion again this season :)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here