OT - The Darkness, can we take them seriously ?

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Just bought 'Permission to Land', The Darkness' first offering and wondered if anybody else has. I'm no metal fan but this CD re-lives the days of Stadium Rock, something that has all but died out.

I've listened to it a few times now and can understand how some people think they're a joke. Personally I like it but wondered what (those who care) think. (I could just see DTG bouncing around in his loons to this).

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
The Darkness f***ing ROCK

Who cares if we can take them seriously or not, lets get pissed and jump around:drink:

Herne Hill Seagull

Jul 10, 2003
Galicia
Two of my mates are close enough to the Darkness to be thanked in the credits on the sleeve npotes....(Andy and Helen, bhaexpress, since you own the album). They both went to the album's launch party last night and I have yet to be able to contact them today!

Darkness don't take themselves seriously (other than their strenuous efforts to live the rock lifestyle to the max, even when they regularly played in front of 20 mates) so I wouldn't either.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Well, the words 'breathe of fresh air' work for me. I haven't enjoyed an album so much is a while.

Watch this space Tinx, I'm off to USA in 12 days time, be there for two months and then return briefly until Visa arrives. It's Georgia (possibly even more backward than Oklahoma) this time.

Will be armed with various bits of BHA regalia and, fnar, fnar, various French Connection UK artifacts.

tinx

Jul 6, 2003
Horsham Town
Looks like I'll be downloading the darkness album when I get home to giv eit a go befor eI decide whethe rto buy it or not.

Curious Orange

Punxsatawney Phil
Jul 5, 2003
On NSC for over two decades...
I saw the Darkness at Guilfest. I can guarantee that they are not a joke band, and that, as the banner said, 'Lowestoft Rocks'!!!!

Good music, thoroughly entertaining. Glam is back, everybody jump around!!!!

:drink:

Mr Popkins

Jul 8, 2003
LIVING IN SIN
Curious Orange said:
I saw the Darkness at Guilfest. I can guarantee that they are not a joke band, and that, as the banner said, 'Lowestoft Rocks'!!!!

Good music, thoroughly entertaining. Glam is back, everybody jump around!!!!

:drink:

I also was at guilfest (loads of palace shirts there), The Darkness were the highlight of the weekend, they rock! ive bought there album and must say im not a big rock man but this album is the dogs bollox! one of the best ive bought in years
these are gonna be the biggest rock band britain has seen in 20 years (not my words Kerrangs) if you get a change to see them do so.
ive even changed my message below to one of the best songs by them.

Mr Popkins

Jul 8, 2003
LIVING IN SIN
I dont think ive been so excited over a new band since Buck Fizz won Eurovision!

JAMC

Jul 5, 2003
They have had some good reviews (gigs and album) in the music papers Nme and Kerrang.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports