[Albion] Memory Lane

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Braggfan

In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded
May 12, 2014
After reading the "Swindon play off games" thread, I started thinking about some of the good things from when we played at Gillingham. I remember Gary Hart scoring an absolute worldie in a midweek game against Shrewsbury. I believe it was raining, smallish crowd because we were at Priestfield, but it was a belter of a goal. It was also Micky Adams first game in charge which I hadn't remembered until I read this.
https://www.theargus.co.uk/news/5167853.hart-hits-wonder-strike/

After he scored there was a chant of;
"who the f*** needs Michael Owen,
who the f*** needs Michael Owen,
who the f*** needs Michael Owen,
When we've got Gary HART HART HART!"

Biscuit Barrel

Jan 28, 2014
Southwick
I always remember a few minutes before the end of each game, a vhs vedio tape of the match being lowered from the camera gantry in bucket on some rope. It would them be collected by a motorcycle courier and taken to the newsroom for the highlights to be broadcast on the evening local news.

Last edited:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I saw 95% of our games up there. Not memories I'm keen to revisit. Meeting people off the Mailing List in the Cricketers was fun. Evening folks. You know who you are :thumbsup:

Worried Man Blues

Feb 28, 2009
Swansea
My memory is abysmal, having seen us play 100s of times, I can only remember things like why couldn't we get a corner past the first man and into the box at Yeovil!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports