[Football] League 2 play off semi-final

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
Someone on the radio today said that only Crawley & Accrington Stanley of the current League Clubs have NOT played at Wembley. Not sure if this is true but it looks like Creepy are going on the 19th.
Crawley and Accrington Stanley are the only current league clubs to have never played at either versions of Wembley.

Additionally Ipswich, Blackburn and Colchester have never played at the new Wembley.
Obviously you can strike Crawley from that list soon.

It was the biggest aggregate win in play off history - quite some accolade for Crawley. Things seem to be going their way as an out of form Crewe team somehow beat a lately invincible Doncaster team.

They will take a lot to Wembley - it was around 11k to Manchester United so I would predict somewhere in the region of 20 to 25k given it’s so near for the Sussex glory seeking folk

Krafty

Apr 19, 2023
It was the biggest aggregate win in play off history - quite some accolade for Crawley. Things seem to be going their way as an out of form Crewe team somehow beat a lately invincible Doncaster team.

They will take a lot to Wembley - it was around 11k to Manchester United so I would predict somewhere in the region of 20 to 25k given it’s so near for the Sussex glory seeking folk
I must see a Sussex team finally win at Wembley!

Sexy football. Scott Lindsay comes across as a Big Sam/Dyche hard bastard but the football he plays is very Pep/us - extreme play out from the back, 30-40 passing moves as routine etc

West Upper Seagull

Oct 31, 2003
Woodingdean
Crawley’s trip to Wembley the same day we play Man Utd, wonder if any Albion fans will give our game a miss for a day out at Wembley ? Poor show if so IMO.

Peacehaven Wild Kids

Jan 16, 2022
The Avenue then Maloncho
Crawley’s trip to Wembley the same day we play Man Utd, wonder if any Albion fans will give our game a miss for a day out at Wembley ? Poor show if so IMO.
Yeah, it’s shame it’s the same day, I’ve lived in Crawley, got friends there and was a regular at Town Mead in the early 80s.

However, me, the boy and the Mrs are looking forward to a few beers, a bit o sunshine, and hopefully enough points to finish above Palace (this season is very much alive in my mind!)

So no “poor show” from us, however we don’t know some Crawley based Albion fans situation.

“What if” Peacehaven reached the FA Vase final and it clashed with a vital six pointer v Palace?
It’s a conundrum I’d rather not think about but my point remains.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports