[Football] Klopp moans again

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

willalbion

May 8, 2006
London
You need 14 of the 20 clubs to vote for a change to take place. Turkeys won't be voting for Christmas any time soon.
I'm not too sure about that, not to get all political, but many turkeys have voted for Christmas in this country's recent history.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I'm not too sure about that, not to get all political, but many turkeys have voted for Christmas in this country's recent history.
So if you could list which of the 14+ PL clubs you think would vote in favour to send 2 of them down to the EFL ?

Also factoring in the PL having less TV rights to sell.

willalbion

May 8, 2006
London
So if you could list which of the 14+ PL clubs you think would vote in favour to send 2 of them down to the EFL ?

Also factoring in the PL having less TV rights to sell.
I apologise, i wasn't really suggesting that any clubs would do that, more that folks can and do tend to vote for things which harm them. Boris Johnson as PM anyone? I derailed your conversation in order to make a weak political point.

edit* t'was the Turkey's for Christmas

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I apologise, i wasn't really suggesting that any clubs would do that, more that folks can and do tend to vote for things which harm them. Boris Johnson as PM anyone? I derailed your conversation in order to make a weak political point.

edit* t'was the Turkey's for Christmas
Fair enough, no need to apologise chap. Pretty much any vote is factored in by self-interest, which is why I just could not ever see 14+ clubs voting to reduce the PL to 18.

The increasing American ownership in the PL could definitely see a creep towards more influence on other matters in future, but the entire concept of relegation is bewildering and terrifying enough already for our friends across the pond. So I don't believe we will ever see an 18 club PL.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports