Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Have you given up on this season?

Have you given up on the season?

• Total voters

Me Atome

Mar 10, 2024
I worry that the worse this season fizzles out the harder it will be to kick start the next one. Psychology. Winning (or losing!) Is a habit, etc.

And I worry that those who think that the return of Mitoma and March will magically cure everything will be very disappointed.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Today will be the test.

If the team show that they’ve learned something and don’t resort to just banging their heads against the same brick wall then I’ll be happy.

If not, I’ll move to the ‘yes’ crowd.

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
Yep. Our season ended that night in Rome.

Season could end now and I wouldn't be bothered. Not sure I can be bothered watching the game this afternoon and I can't be arsed with Chelsea. Doing Newcastle but not interested in the game.

RDZ needs to stop being a petulant twat or bugger off. I think the latter is probably the more likely.

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
Obviously disappointing that the season is petering out in this way, but if you’d offered me those nights in Marseille, Amsterdam and Athens, together with 13th place, I would have been very happy. In fact, the whole day of 5th October 2023 was such an unbelievably wonderful experience that I would almost have swapped it for a tricky relegation battle. Of course, those things don’t need to be mutually exclusive, but I’m very happy to take the positives from this season, and look forward to next…

Zeberdi

Brighton born & bred
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
Veltman’s take on it …

“It is frustrating but we have had injuries all season, and long-lasting injuries,” the Dutch defender said. “I have never experienced that in my entire career...Of course it's normal that you get injuries, but not all these long-term ones at the same time. So yes, it is frustrating, but we’re still potentially in the top ten although we are eleventh now…
We have to be realistic. It has been a tough season and although we only have a small chance of Europe with tough games to go, we will go for it one hundred percent. That’s how we are, so if there is even a small chance we will try for it.
Of course we wanted to be higher in the league but we have had to adapt in a almost every game to injuries. We are not playing at our best so we can improve and we hope to do that at Bournemouth on Sunday.”

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Veltman’s take on it …

“It is frustrating but we have had injuries all season, and long-lasting injuries,” the Dutch defender said. “I have never experienced that in my entire career...Of course it's normal that you get injuries, but not all these long-term ones at the same time. So yes, it is frustrating, but we’re still potentially in the top ten although we are eleventh now…
We have to be realistic. It has been a tough season and although we only have a small chance of Europe with tough games to go, we will go for it one hundred percent. That’s how we are, so if there is even a small chance we will try for it.
Of course we wanted to be higher in the league but we have had to adapt in a almost every game to injuries. We are not playing at our best so we can improve and we hope to do that at Bournemouth on Sunday.”

Joel telling it like it is :clap2:

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Right now I’m more inclined to watch the norf London derby than our match at 2 o’clock. Says it all really 😔

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Got to say, I was in the keep RDZ camp all the way until the Man City game. After the utter incompetent display last Thursday and today's ridiculousness - couldn't care less if he leaves. No pride in the players, no fight, no passion. Look like they are thinking of their summer holidays already. Was pissed off when the Villa match was moved as Mrs WS had purposely booked tickets to the food festival for Sunday knowing the Villa match was on the Saturday. I'm now glad I'm going to stuff my face rather than watch the Albion get yet another stuffing.

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
Yup I gave up after the City game. Still found myself watching the game today, and when the second goal went in, switched off. Won’t be tuning in again until next season.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
I will be going to all 4 of the final games and will enjoy the match day experiences as I always do.
But the football we are serving up, is disgraceful.

De Zerbi has ruined any chance he had of being considered for a big job, by becoming increasingly passive in all of our games.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here