[Music] Glastonbury 2024

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

jackalbion

Aug 30, 2011
45 days away.

Be interesting to hear a rough itinerary from anyone who is going. Let me live vicariously through you!
I mean I haven't got the times so don't know the clashes at all, but here's who I'm aiming to see in no particular order, with who I won't miss unless its an awful clash in Bold:

Shania Twain, LCD Soundsystem, Little Simz, SZA, PJ Harvey, Paul Heaton, IDLES, The Streets, Two Door Cinema Club, Bombay Bicycle Club, Bloc Party, The Last Dinner Party, Confidence Man, Danny Brown, Squid, Ocean Colour Scene, BC Camplight, Kate Nash, Badger, Bob Vylan, Kneecap, Lambrini Girls, Vlure, Faithless, Fatboy Slim, Kojaque, CASISDEAD, Fat Dog, Porij, Hak Baker, Charli XCX (DJ), Gossip, Kim Gordon, Declan McKenna, Yard Act, Arlo Parks, Alvvays, The Vaccines, Fat White Family, Blondshell, Soccer Mommy, NewDad, Mannequin Pussy, Sprints, Billy Bragg, English Teacher, Billy No Mates, Shy FX, Fontaines DC, King Krule, Orbital, The Breeders, Mount Kimbie, Lankum, Baxter Dury, Mdou Moctar, Otokobe Beaver, Bar Italia.

jackalbion

Aug 30, 2011
Based on the initial posted and without looking at the late night stuff in the naughty corner. I don't feel particularly strong about anything on the Sunday. Saturday is probably the strongest day but the headliners are pretty weak.

I also want to fit in Bob Vylan hoping he does a late night set somewhere and English Teacher and Sprints. Will mean missing out on others but will play it by ear.

Friday:

Sofia Kourtesis
The Orb
Barry Can't Swim
Noname
Sugababes
LCD Soundsystem or Kim Gordon
Fontaines DC

Saturday:

Kneecap
Mannequin Pussy
Soccer Mommy
The Last Dinner Party
Lankum
The Breeders
Orbital

Sunday:

NewDad
Mdou Moctar
Alvvays
Yard Act
Nia Archives
Sza
Kim Gordon is in Luxembourg on Friday, and somewhere else Saturday, so you won't have to make that horrible choice. Very Relieved when I found that out.

I'll be getting there Monday, so my itinerary that day will be to have a nice long wander round the site after i've set up my camp, and a sitdown at the top by the letters with a big bag of cans to see it all quiet and lovely
tuesday - team meeting, followed by staff bar pub crawl around site (arcadia staff bar being my favourite, with its sofas and comfiness)
wednesday - meet up with mates and other staff types
thursday - SE corner from about 10pm onwards
friday - not too fussed aside from LCD soundsystem and PJ Harvey, then off to Skindred
saturday - very open schedule, hoping this will feature the fried chicken at west holts though, and hopefully Mary wallopers at the park
sunday - again an open schedule til Nia archives and Justice

shifts will of course stymie some of these plans, but they're the bare bones of it. Would quite like to spend some time in the Glasto latino bit for one of those teaching sessions, i am a spectacularly uncoordinated and very pasty white man though so my utter lack of rhythm will be a challenge for the tutors. Quite tempted by the ring making thingoes at the blacksmith in the greenfields too. I'm not a huge drinker so wont be getting drunk, just having a couple of beers here and there, and perhaps the occasional rum with some fresh juices etc. There used to be a fella with a little stall who would make fresh lemon juice with coconut water, a pint of that with a healthy tot of rum was absolutely bloody blissful

herecomesaregular

We're in the pipe, 5 by 5
Oct 27, 2008
Still in Brighton
Tempted to litterpick again, as a "veteran" I can usually still get in. Not sure the old joints will stand up to it nowadays though. If I did I'd still be hanging around the circus cabaret comedy areas with the odd jaunt up to the Park. Lineup is a bit weak on bighitters but that's no negative really (was spoilt with Springsteen and Young the same weekend a few years back).

Tempted to litterpick again, as a "veteran" I can usually still get in. Not sure the old joints will stand up to it nowadays though. If I did I'd still be hanging around the circus cabaret comedy areas with the odd jaunt up to the Park. Lineup is a bit weak on bighitters but that's no negative really (was spoilt with Springsteen and Young the same weekend a few years back).
Do it! there's a pint with your name on in the Tow and Hitch on the tuesday if you do

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
I mean I haven't got the times so don't know the clashes at all, but here's who I'm aiming to see in no particular order, with who I won't miss unless its an awful clash in Bold:

Shania Twain, LCD Soundsystem, Little Simz, SZA, PJ Harvey, Paul Heaton, IDLES, The Streets, Two Door Cinema Club, Bombay Bicycle Club, Bloc Party, The Last Dinner Party, Confidence Man, Danny Brown, Squid, Ocean Colour Scene, BC Camplight, Kate Nash, Badger, Bob Vylan, Kneecap, Lambrini Girls, Vlure, Faithless, Fatboy Slim, Kojaque, CASISDEAD, Fat Dog, Porij, Hak Baker, Charli XCX (DJ), Gossip, Kim Gordon, Declan McKenna, Yard Act, Arlo Parks, Alvvays, The Vaccines, Fat White Family, Blondshell, Soccer Mommy, NewDad, Mannequin Pussy, Sprints, Billy Bragg, English Teacher, Billy No Mates, Shy FX, Fontaines DC, King Krule, Orbital, The Breeders, Mount Kimbie, Lankum, Baxter Dury, Mdou Moctar, Otokobe Beaver, Bar Italia.
An old man thinks you should be prioritising Simz, PJ Harvey, The Breeders and Lankum, but I suspect you've got your own reasons for that.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
The BBC is streaming multiple stages in full again this season via IPlayer and BBC Sounds - if you can't make it. or on demand for when you come back.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/events/e35wxj - 45 days to go...

looks a bit grey down there today.

glastonbury.jpg

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
I'll be getting there on Monday so my itinerary that day will be to have a nice long wander round the site after i've set up my camp, and a sitdown at the top by the letters with a big bag of cans to see it all quiet and lovely
tuesday - team meeting, followed by staff bar pub crawl around site (arcadia staff bar being my favourite, with its sofas and comfiness)
wednesday - meet up with mates and other staff types
thursday - SE corner from about 10pm onwards
friday - not too fussed aside from LCD soundsystem and PJ Harvey, then off to Skindred
saturday - very open schedule, hoping this will feature the fried chicken at west holts though, and hopefully Mary wallopers at the park
sunday - again an open schedule til Nia archives and Justice

shifts will of course stymie some of these plans, but they're the bare bones of it. Would quite like to spend some time in the Glasto latino bit for one of those teaching sessions, i am a spectacularly uncoordinated and very pasty white man though so my utter lack of rhythm will be a challenge for the tutors. Quite tempted by the ring making thingoes at the blacksmith in the greenfields too. I'm not a huge drinker so wont be getting drunk, just having a couple of beers here and there, and perhaps the occasional rum with some fresh juices etc. There used to be a fella with a little stall who would make fresh lemon juice with coconut water, a pint of that with a healthy tot of rum was absolutely bloody blissful
I’ll also be arriving on Monday and starting the week in a similar vein. I have three shifts to work on Friday , Saturday and Sunday, one morning (7 till 1), one afternoon (12 till 6) and one evening 7 till whenever.

I don’t know which days have each shift yet, so am not making any schedule…

But I really want to see Fontaines, LCD, Barry Can’t Swim, Little Simz. PJ Harvey, Justice and many more.

Time will tell what I end up with. It doesn’t really matter, it’ll be wonderful anyway.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
Is this two single acts or are they likely to appear together?

(Also off that list I’m looking forward to seeing* English Teacher)

*on the telly
I'm assuming King Krule will join Mount Kimbie on stage for a few songs, at least you'd hope. I am going to see Mount Kimbie elsewhere this summer so frees it up in my Glastonbury schedule.

Want to see English Teacher as well, probably released my favorite album so far this year but doubt I will make it to Leftfield. Going to see if they are gigging elsewhere this summer.

jackalbion

Aug 30, 2011
Is this two single acts or are they likely to appear together?

(Also off that list I’m looking forward to seeing* English Teacher)

*on the telly
I imagine King Krule will join them on stage, but yes two separate acts. King Krule likely to be on stage same time as LCD so will probably end up missing him sadly, I did see him since his last album (which was ok nothing amazing) came out so it’s not catastrophic.

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel
What's their best song and I'll give it a go.

Their biggest/most popular is probably Pat Earrings

Their best IMO is Marilyn

It’s definitely not for everyone, but my god, I can’t think of anything I’d rather do than watch a mysterious bloke in a lifelike mask perform his weird songs about sleeping with prostitues and his own mortality whilst probably being on more drugs than 99% of the crowd.

I’m just happy to see him finally get his flowers. Took him nearly 20 years to release a proper album but now he’s winning Brits and performing at Glasto. I am a shameless fanboy though, admittedly. :lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports