[Other Sport] Fury vs Usyk

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Respect for Fury has gone after that pathetic comment around siding with Usyk due to the war. His corner wrongly made him think he was in charge before round 12.
Ngannou beat him too, but for fixed score cards. Pleased it went the right way this time.
Whereas Usyk and his team have conducted themselves with grace all the way through the games Fury and his mob have played. Usyk is a winner on many levels tonight. I’m really pleased for him.

herecomesaregular

We're in the pipe, 5 by 5
Oct 27, 2008
Still in Brighton
It’s why I stopped taking my mate to the Albion too. “Why don’t they boot it up the field, their goal is down there”. Bloke watches a couple of football games a season but moans constantly and says what they should do as if he’s an expert.

That’s the problem in the internet age
Oh come on, you have to allow a bit of that, it's the joy of sport! Or else you might as well sit in a room on your own all the time.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
It’s why I stopped taking my mate to the Albion too. “Why don’t they boot it up the field, their goal is down there”. Bloke watches a couple of football games a season but moans constantly and says what they should do as if he’s an expert.

To be fair, there’s people who have been watching the Albion for decades who say the same.

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
Sorry Gents I had Fury by one round, but as was pointed out to me a number of years ago the three judges are ringside looking up when we are all looking at the TV camera angles.

The rematch is in place for the richest fight ever now 🤷‍♂️

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Sorry Gents I had Fury by one round, but as was pointed out to me a number of years ago the three judges are ringside looking up when we are all looking at the TV camera angles.

More importantly…Did they let you stay in the pub beyond midnight?

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Usyk won the first 3rd and the final 3rd of that fight. That standing count in the 9th when Fury was all over the shop, saved by the bell, RAMMED home the victory.

Anyone who thought Fury won that fight is probably one of the ones wishing everyone a Happy New Year tonight.

Jul 2, 2011

You know what though… Right now… I’m not feeling the rematch as much as I did this. This was a boxing first, more was as stake.
And I could be wrong, but I dont think Usyk cares to much about the money, it was about more then that.

Plus in my opinion, after Tysons silly post fight comments, and his teams pre fight antics, I don’t think he deserves another shot.

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
You know what though… Right now… I’m not feeling the rematch as much as I did this. This was a boxing first, more was as stake.
And I could be wrong, but I dont think Usyk cares to much about the money, it was about more then that.

Plus in my opinion, after Tysons silly post fight comments, and his teams pre fight antics, I don’t think he deserves another shot.
Perhaps not, but he’s getting one anyway. There is an automatic rematch clause.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
The rematch won't even be another unifying fight. Usyk will be stripped of his IBF belt, as he won't be facing a mandatory challenger.

TomandJerry

Oct 1, 2013
Not overly surprised by the result this morning.

If you look at Usyk's overall career Usyk

Retired from amateur boxing with a record of 335 -15.

Olympic Gold medalist.

Undisputed Cruiserweight.

Came up and beat AJ twice.

Now dispueted heavyweight.

His whole boxing career has pure pedigree.

Master boxing IQ.

He's top dog, no question.

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire

If your mate is talking about the final minute of injury time when a losing team is dicking around with it at the back, then he 100% has a point

mothy

Dec 30, 2012
Usyk won the first 3rd and the final 3rd of that fight. That standing count in the 9th when Fury was all over the shop, saved by the bell, RAMMED home the victory.

Anyone who thought Fury won that fight is probably one of the ones wishing everyone a Happy New Year tonight.
I had it level after the 1st 4 rounds. 11& 12 could have gone either way. Fury won rounds 5 to 8.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
The rematch won't even be another unifying fight. Usyk will be stripped of his IBF belt, as he won't be facing a mandatory challenger.
This is why boxing is a bit of a farce

Surely the IBF can see these guys fighting is the best for boxing?

Casual watchers like myself (sorry I don't know the rules) will tune in to fights like last night....

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports