Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[TV] fire stick

Seagull58

In the Algarve
Jan 31, 2012
Vilamoura, Portugal
Fed up with cost of SKY but complete newbie to world of streaming and IPTV. If anyone could PM any details of how to start …fire stick or box etc etc . Thanks everyone
I now get my iptv through the iboplayer app installed on my LG smart TV. no firestick, no magbox, no clearing cache or any other maintenance. IPTV is delivered to the app via a playlist that the app links to. Iboplayer is free for a week and then about £6 a year, which is for the app only, not for the iptv. I've been running this setup for 5 months with no issues.

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
I now get my iptv through the iboplayer app installed on my LG smart TV. no firestick, no magbox, no clearing cache or any other maintenance. IPTV is delivered to the app via a playlist that the app links to. Iboplayer is free for a week and then about £6 a year, which is for the app only, not for the iptv. I've been running this setup for 5 months with no issues.
l

That’s interesting, thanks for the heads up.
Will have a look at this later - Am happy with IPTV on Firestick but good to know there is a cheap alternative 👍

dippy2449

May 24, 2004
Norfolk

schmunk

"Members"
Jan 19, 2018
Mid mid mid Sussex
Nanomid is the best of the equivalents for Samsung TVs, although I have recently moved to using Tivimate on a 'Chromecast with Google TV' device (analagous to a Firestick) as it's got more processing grunt so seems to buffer/pixelate/skip less, and Tivimate is a brilliant app - probably the best IPTV app available (as above, this is just a playlist delivery mechanism, it doesn't include any content)

A mex eyecan

Nov 3, 2011
It’s that time of year again and prompted by an email from Sky to tell me my cost is going up from £76 per month to £105!
Spoken to disconnections and best they can, or will offer is £89. That still a 15% price increase. They‘ve offered super fast BB at £29.

At almost £1300 a year i’m beginning to think it’s a luxury i can ill afford so considering ditching the tv and just stay for the BB and take an independent subscription to Netflix. I usually only ever watch away Albion games on sport ’if’ they’re on which i’d miss but Sky seem to be taking the pee now.

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
fhdiptv.com
Never let me down in 6 months and use it a lot.
As I take mine on holiday for BBC & Sky TV (Italian & Greek TV were rubbish) having iptv on the TV rather than a fire stick would be no use.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here