[Football] "Everything that could have gone wrong, did"

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
The 'best league in the world' thing is looking a bit silly this season.

I did get the feeling Villa were starting to get a bit complacent about this competition., definitely their fans anyway. Not a nice place to have to go and get a result either. Hopefully they'll rest a few and give us a shot at not losing.

The Optimist

NSC Patron
Apr 6, 2008
Lewisham

I did get the feeling Villa were starting to get a bit complacent about this competition., definitely their fans anyway. Not a nice place to have to go and get a result either. Hopefully they'll rest a few and give us a shot at not losing.
I doubt they’ll rest players with 4th place in their reach.

heathgate

NSC Patron
Apr 13, 2015

Some in the media like to perpetuate that line, those in the pay of Sky or the PL itself..... most right minded fans fully understand that the Prem is probably the most competitive league, but we regularly see Spain for sheer quality, and Germany for atmosphere, beat the Prem hands down.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Some in the media like to perpetuate that line, those in the pay of Sky or the PL itself..... most right minded fans fully understand that the Prem is probably the most competitive league, but we regularly see Spain for sheer quality, and Germany for atmosphere, beat the Prem hands down.
Agree.

And with Man City about to win their 5th title in 6 years competitive seems a bit of a stretch these days.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports