[Music] Eurovision Song Contest 2024 ***Official Thread & Sweepstake**

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Well we can disagree, and in no way a judgemental way, we come from very different eras, so I think that probably has a huge bearing on what our opinions are. I do think that Bucks Fizz were probably seen as kitsch in 1981 to be fair. The iconic Eurovision winning song in my life (I was born long after 1974) is Euphoria by Loreen! The contest moved away from things like Bucks Fizz and Johnny Logan because (European) pop music did. It reflects that.

I can actually give some insight as to why Graham Norton was light touch about political and controversial issues during commentary. The EBU paint themselves, and the ESC, as completely apolitical and something that operates outside of political views and standpoints. This is, of course, a myth in reality (no such thing as purely apolitical) but the rule for basically anyone involved with the contest is that they have to abide by an apolitical stance. The EBU are incredibly hard on this and it is becoming more and more complicated. It hamstrings broadcasters from making any comment that the EBU would not make thus Norton's inability to talk clearly about it. It's a big big issue for Eurovision but not really the BBC or Graham Norton's fault.
Rearrange some of those letters and a clearer picture emerges :wink:

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
Glad I could open your eyes @sydney. Lean into it! You might have some fun!
mate , i lived in inner city sydney for 22 years , i've seen shit you wouldn't believe , straight up no bullshit ....walking into the bogs at the Hordern pavilion ( we used to call it the hard on pavilion) at sleaze ball or mardi gras parties to the scene of a full on homo orgy , not a bother ......chatting up and been chatted up by trannys , not a bother , wrestled a few lady boys in my time mate all good , adult fun , but having the ESC hijacked by the diverse mob is making it main stream which is going to have a far broader effect on todays youngsters .....i don't agree with it , simple as that.

Beanstalk

Apr 5, 2017
London
mate , i lived in inner city sydney for 22 years , i've seen shit you wouldn't believe , straight up no bullshit ....walking into the bogs at the Hordern pavilion ( we used to call it the hard on pavilion) at sleaze ball or mardi gras parties to the scene of a full on homo orgy , not a bother ......chatting up and been chatted up by trannys , not a bother , wrestled a few lady boys in my time mate all good , adult fun , but having the ESC hijacked by the diverse mob is making it main stream which is going to have a far broader effect on todays youngsters .....i don't agree with it , simple as that.
Then don't watch it. What an incoherent pile of rubbish.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
Then don't watch it. What an incoherent pile of rubbish.
incoherent to you because you have no idea what its like to live in a city with a population of 5 million with a huge gay community with gay events that attract 100's of thousands of visitors from around the world. Typical pommie mentality.

carlzeiss

May 19, 2009
Amazonia
Don't think I will be emigrating to Australia then

Beanstalk

Apr 5, 2017
London
incoherent to you because you have no idea what its like to live in a city with a population of 5 million with a huge gay community with gay events that attract 100's of thousands of visitors from around the world. Typical pommie mentality.
I live in London mate. I know exactly what it’s like. What are you on about?

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
Are you saying you don't agree with diversity becoming mainstream? Or that youngsters shouldn't be exposed to diversity in case they become more tolerant? Or quite what are you saying?

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
Are you saying you don't agree with diversity becoming mainstream? Or that youngsters shouldn't be exposed to diversity in case they become more tolerant? Or quite what are you saying?
i think youngsters should be left alone by the media too grow up, taught and supported and educated impartially by the their family unit.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports