Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

A thread not about Zamora...

Wilts

Jul 5, 2003
Bournemouth/Reading
Probably going to go down with zero posts then...

One of my mates is playing for Whyteleafe (didn't know!) against Palace next Wednesday... the question is, where is it?!?! Apparently somewhere between yourselves and Palace according to their website, but that's about it... not very specific.

As the crowd will probably be about 500 max, is there any abuse you may want shouted at any particular Palace players, as they'll probably hear me no probs...?

Drink down the Zamora thing... :drink: :drink: I hope Saturday will not be an evening of misery now!!! :)

brighton rock

Jul 5, 2003
lancing
i think it's only a palace 11 and not the first team squad(should be some first team players playing)
where is the ground?

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
Wilts.. Saturday will be a group of blokes crying into their beer glasses. :(

brighton rock

Jul 5, 2003
lancing
Turkey said:
Wilts.. Saturday will be a group of blokes crying into their beer glasses. :(

turkey did find it strange that zammo was not the game last night i thought something was up,
think a few drinks will slipping down saturday now?

Wilts

Jul 5, 2003
Bournemouth/Reading
Not a clue where this ground is at all, BR... I can't even find where Whyteleafe is, and whether its in Sussex or Kent or even Surrey.

If Hayden Mullins is playing I'll make sure he knows to go back to his roots and play for us. He was in the Reading schoolboys teams all the way through and then buggered off to Palace.

I'll share a consolation pint for the Zamora loss on Saturday. Some people on the Reading boards keep saying "I can't believe we missed out on him" :lol: Like that was ever likely :rolleyes:

brighton rock

Jul 5, 2003
lancing
Wilts said:
Not a clue where this ground is at all, BR... I can't even find where Whyteleafe is, and whether its in Sussex or Kent or even Surrey.

If Hayden Mullins is playing I'll make sure he knows to go back to his roots and play for us. He was in the Reading schoolboys teams all the way through and then buggered off to Palace.

I'll share a consolation pint for the Zamora loss on Saturday. Some people on the Reading boards keep saying "I can't believe we missed out on him" :lol: Like that was ever likely :rolleyes:

will go on the palace bbs and see if anyone knows where the ground is

pompy want to buy mullins when he gets back from spain with the palace team but i have red on the palace bbs that batty may well be on trial at palace as part of the gray to leeds deal so you might well see him.

brighton rock

Jul 5, 2003
lancing
found it

Whytleafe v Crystal Palace
Pre-Season Friendly
Wednesday July 23rd – K.O. 7.45pm

The Ground is in Church Road.

http://www.theleafe.co.uk/

TICKETS
Tickets on Sale from Thursday 3rd July Adults £7.00 / Concessions £3.50, Prices on the day will be £8.00 & £4.00. This game which incorporates Danny Rose's testimonial.

GETTING THERE BY CAR
The busy A22 travels from Purley and Croydon in the north towards Caterham and junction 6 of the M25 to the south.
From the M25

Whyteleafe lies in the far east of Surrey, and is easy to get to by car, especially if you're coming from the M25. Just leave at the motorway at junction 6, up the A22, bypassing Caterham to a large roundabout called Wapses Lodge. Go straight across (that the third exit) and continue down the sort of dual carriageway until the road narrows. Where it narrows you want to turn off to the left by Whyteleafe South BR station and immediately go over the level crossing (unless of course a train is coming and the barriers are down!)
Once across, you climb up a narrow road (Salmons Lane) through the trees until it forks where you want to turn right into Church Road. The road drops gently back down and the ground appears on your right after a couple of hundred yards.

GETTING THERE BY TRAIN
Nearest stations are Whyteleafe, Whyteleafe South and Upper Warlingham.

Whyteleafe and Whyteleafe South are both on the Caterham line which runs just a few yards behind a the goal at Church Road. Both are walkable to the ground although the walk from Whyteleafe South lacks pavement.

Upper Warlingham on the other hand is on the Oxted line which runs on t'other side of the valley. A short walk is all that's required passed the chippy.

PARKING
Parking is poor. You can park at the ground (on the tarmac/5 a side pitch). But there was a stage where cars were getting clamped if they parked on the road leading up to the ground. Might be worth parking at Whyteleafe station and walking up Church Road.

fatboy

Jul 5, 2003
Falmer
Zamora didnt play as he hasnt yet trained.

Wilts

Jul 5, 2003
Bournemouth/Reading
Cheers BR. I should be there no doubt, as long as this loan comes through and I have beer money for the night. :drink:

brighton rock said:
turkey did find it strange that zammo was not the game last night i thought something was up,

Turning this thread back into a BZ topic...

My thoughts on seeing him at Arundel were that if he was going to turn up to an Albion game on his night off this meant that he was certain to be staying.

Maybe he took the opportunity to talk to Peter Ward and learn that leaving the Albion is not the greatest career move imaginable.

And now he goes into a meeting with Hoddle to discuss "personal terms". All he needs to know is that Wardy's opinion of Brian Clough applies equally to Hoddle.

Oh, Whyteleafe Football Club...

It's just off the A22, not far from the Ann Summers Building.

Thereas a map (of sorts) here

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here