Where is the best curry house in Brighton?

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

G

I am shortly arranging a reunion with some old school friends in the City and not having been to Brighton, other than Withdean, for a few years I no longer have any idea of where to drink and eat.

Real ale is favourite and a nice curry to round off an evenings drinking, possibly in the Lanes area.

Also any suggestion for a decent breakfast the morning after.

I know that many of you are piss artists with an appetite so I am hopeful of some decent recommendations.

:drink: :drink:

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
For a big choice in real ale, try the Evening Star next to Brighton Station, then head on down into Noori's in Ship Street, which serves a damn fine curry. Several places also serve Harvey's - the local brew.

For me, the best curry house is the Shahi Tandoori in Beaconsfield Road, but that's a bit away from the city centre.

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
Indian Cottage, Shoreham High Street.

Yes yes I know its not Brighton but its worthy of a mention :thumbsup:

fatfingers

Aug 18, 2004
hove
The Ashoka or Gangies next door ? , both very good if you dont mind going to Church Street Hove?

Regarding real ale cant help(drink the euro fiz sorry!)

REDLAND

Jul 7, 2003
At the foot of the downs
Sneaky George said:
Ashoka in Hove. Top curry.

:clap: And Nooris on Middle Street

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Curry = Chilka House, Baker Street
B'fast = Tootsies in the Lanes

D

Deleted User X18H

Shahi Tandori very near me.... I bet your watching arn't you Bob

Digweeds Trousers

May 17, 2004
Tunbridge Wells
If staying central is a requirement, for a similar morning after experience, after 15 pints of ale, you could always pop into the nightclub above Harry Ramsdens.

You wont feel bloated in the morning but may well have a shattered ring-piece.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
The Large One said:
then head on down into Noori's in Ship Street, which serves a damn fine curry. .

Are you sure? I used to frequent Noori's in Worthing when it opened. It was fantastic for a couple of months and then I got food poisoning there, not once but twice. Maybe they'd sent the good chef back to Brighton ;)

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports