Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Ashes; First Test, Cardiff. Match Thread..

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
There bowling attack is fairly poor with Brett Lee! Glad as it means Hauritz has to play and he is WANK. 150+ runs for 1 wicket at Hove is awful for a spinner.

Seagull over NZ

Jul 7, 2003
Bristol
Now have Sky Player at work which is tremendous. Think I am going to have to have my door shut and make several confidential calls tomorrow. The quality of the Sky player is excellent, just wait and see what its like when loads of people are on it !!

The Tassie Seagull

Dave Clarkson's Left Sock
I think I might be quite tired at work for the next few weeks now - not that I wasn't already with the tennis.

I will have a great time if it all falls our way. Bastard music teacher got all the kids to call out 51 to me after the test in the Windies

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Katherine Jenkins will be singing the WELSH national anthem before the match.

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Katherine Jenkins will be singing the WELSH national anthem before the match.
Yeah, aren't they doing FOUR anthems? The English (Jerusalem), the British (God Save The Queen), the Australian (Fair dinkum bonzer diggers) and the Welsh (Glwynn clwydd llynfn)

NOTE: I may have got the names of the Australian and the Welsh anthems wrong.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Not as far as I know. They were saying on the radio this morning it'll be the Welsh and Aussie anthems.

simmo

Feb 8, 2008
There bowling attack is fairly poor with Brett Lee! Glad as it means Hauritz has to play and he is WANK. 150+ runs for 1 wicket at Hove is awful for a spinner.

Don't speak too soon. On his day Mitchell Johnson can be a very good bowler (he didn't play against Sussex as he was guaranteed a place). Still I hope to be proved wrong.

itszamora

Go Jazz Go
Sep 21, 2003
London
This may be a stupid question, but why are they playing an ENGLAND cricket match in Wales?

Cos it's technically the England & Wales cricket board, and Welsh players play for England cos Wales is too shit to have it's own team :)

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
The worlds gone mad.
An England Ashes series kicking off in Wales. And last year you had France hosting the Rugby World Cup and playing one of their games in....Cardiff.

Bonkers.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here