Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

101 Uses For The Giant Flag (Will Accept 1 Use o.n.o)

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Random, thread, sorry, but seems to me that as the Giant Flag doesn't even get produced on the game nearest to 9/11 anymore, it might as well be put to good use. Ideally good use that would support the REMF.

- Could it be cut into squares, framed with Certificate of Authenticity and sold off to the Albion faithful?

- Could it be staked out on Falmer's field for photo-opportunities and maybe a one-off mass rally of Albion fans pending the outcome of Weirdy Ruthy Kelly

- Could something be done with it other than it sit in a lock-up garage somewhere gathering mildew?

Cheers

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
ali jenkins said:
It could be used as a roof over H Block!

:thumbsup:

Good CALL! :clap2:

Could go through the motions of passing it round the South Stand. Then when it got to H Block, just leave it there, roof-like, til the rain stopped :lol:

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
I would be happy to help try and get it out for the Millwall 'scarf day' ... assuming it is clean'ish and dry'ish enough to be used - or does it need professional cleaning before use ??

1066gull

Titanic said:
I would be happy to help try and get it out for the Millwall 'scarf day' ... assuming it is clean'ish and dry'ish enough to be used - or does it need professional cleaning before use ??
Think someone said it need to be cleaned on here, dunno where though.

Do you trust your wife?

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Titanic said:

If memory serves, it does require industrial scale cleaning.

Worth doing tho - maybe NSC pay for the cleaning and - how about this for an original idea - walk it round the pitch and get people to chuck money into it to be split between the REMF and the Firemans Collection. What's the worst that can happen. apart from it rips. Obviously :down:

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
According to Lord B in this thread...

http://www.northstandchat.biz/showthread.php?s=&threadid=83866&highlight=giant+flag

it is not in very good shape :nono:

"I last saw the Giant Flag at Withdean about six weeks ago. It was inside its plastic 'building material' bag, but in the open air, exposed to the elements, not far from where the OLD changing rooms were located.

I guess it's in a sorry state. It will obviously need to be checked and dried out (and probably cleaned as well).

And then it will need to be more securely looked after."

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Titanic said:
According to Lord B in this thread...

http://www.northstandchat.biz/showthread.php?s=&threadid=83866&highlight=giant+flag

it is not in very good shape :nono:

"I last saw the Giant Flag at Withdean about six weeks ago. It was inside its plastic 'building material' bag, but in the open air, exposed to the elements, not far from where the OLD changing rooms were located.

I guess it's in a sorry state. It will obviously need to be checked and dried out (and probably cleaned as well).

And then it will need to be more securely looked after."

Cheers for that.

Does sound to be in a sorry state.

Surely worth pulling out all the stops to make it scrub up well for one final day of fund-rasing.

The Millwall game does appear to have a pleasing SYNCHRONICITY about it. Whatever THAT means

Last edited:

Dennis and Lois

Aug 10, 2006
Two of the 49
Tom Hark said:
If memory serves, it does require industrial scale cleaning.

Worth doing tho - maybe NSC pay for the cleaning and - how about this for an original idea - walk it round the pitch and get people to chuck money into it to be split between the REMF and the Firemans Collection. What's the worst that can happen. apart from it rips. Obviously :down:

the worst that can happen is a 50p bit thrown from the back row takes someones eye out

Seagull Stew

Contact Google Earth and get a competition up and running whereby the flag is placed in several locations around the globe.

People who take part in the competition will the be able to search for the flag and win shed loads of money with the proceeds of those who entered going to the REMF.

A kind of a "Where's Wally" on a global scale!

Mr Banana

Tedious chump
Aug 8, 2005
Standing in the way of control
Is it properly f***ed? If we look after it til Falmer it would be used a lot more there. If I remember correctly, didn't someone to do with Robbie Raggio's car wash arrange to clean it before?

I might try and sort this out with the club. If I can get over there to have a look at it and maybe move it I will report back...

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I imagine it's rotted away and stinks like mouldy socks by now :down: Begs the question if it was just left exposed to the elements...WHY???

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here