Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Giant Flag?

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
Does it still exist? Have we run out of enthusiasm to give it an airing? Surely it should be possible to use it at Ashton Gate - we have an allocation of 3,000 seats, but will presumably be lucky to take 1,200 - hence plenty of space for the flag....

Wardy

NSC's Benefits Guru
Oct 9, 2003
In front of the PC
Last I heard it was still being stored at Withdean.

Barnham Seagull

Yapton Actually
Dec 28, 2005
Yapton
People allways talk about the atmosphere being crap at the withers so why not get the thing out and get it up the south stand again! May inspire a few people.

Plus your dead right it's a real shame to see it rotting in a shed!

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
Most of the current team have probably never seen it!

Good boost for them to see it when they run out - Tranmere game?

PG

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
Good idea to get it out at the Tranmere game.

How about we pass it down the South Stand before kick off, then lay it over athe nearly always empty stand next to the family stand?

I'm up for meeting on the running track before the game?

Seems a shame to let it rot in a shed....

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
I'm also up for helping out beforehand. Let's try and do something for Tranmere.....after all, it looks like Wilkins is moulding a team which deserves it.

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
I seem to remember that glosterseagull had it some time ago, but I might be completely wrong in that. If he does then it is not beyond the realms of possibility for me to bring it to a game and arrange a transfer.

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
On a similar (ish) theme, where is the 'Marvellous Scenes' banner?

Ned

Real Northern Monkey
Jul 16, 2003
At Home
Gully said:
I seem to remember that glosterseagull had it some time ago, but I might be completely wrong in that. If he does then it is not beyond the realms of possibility for me to bring it to a game and arrange a transfer.

That was at the West Ham home game and it was returned to the shed afterwards by himself and some friends. But that was before the building work for the changing rooms and away supporters stand

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
Blimey Ned, that must be ages ago, surely someone has seen it since then...it isn't exactly small is it.

I last saw the Giant Flag at Withdean about six weeks ago. It was inside its plastic 'building material' bag, but in the open air, exposed to the elements, not far from where the OLD changing rooms were located.

I guess it's in a sorry state. It will obviously need to be checked and dried out (and probably cleaned as well).

And then it will need to be more securely looked after.

Any volunteers?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here